Question ram compatible?

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
i juat build a computer with x470 gaming plus msi and corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000 mhz. for some reason the red light on the ram are on and i just dont know what i should do about it..

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
this is my second computer build and so I'm very new to this. I can boot the bios up but my ram light is red and I don't know if i can just install an os and it would run.. but I wouldn't try it until I know what's going on with the dram light..

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
This here is the motherboard you mentioned. It's a microATX with two RAM slots. You're picture clearly has 4 RAM slots. I don't think that is the motherboard model.

If the system POSTs and you can go into BIOS and now into Windows Installation/Repair it would be fine.

If the Debug LED labled DRAM was on that would indicate a problem with the RAM. You should check with the motherboard's manual to see what those red LEDs next to RAM slots indicate.

According to MSI, your RAM is compatible only in single

Did you mean single/dual channel mode and support of RAM modules? That "single" if listed under the header "side" means single rank RAM modules, that is a RAM module that has chips on only one side of the PCB; as opposed to dual rank which has chips on both sides.

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
I can't find any info in MSI x470 gaming plus manual about diagnostic ram leds.
It might be them lighting up is normal operation, signalling about ram being detected.
i wish that is the case, but no other lights I see are on and the only thing i can think of that make ne stuck at window installation/ repair page is the ram leds being red. also i checked the manual too and cant find anything about it. View: https://imgur.com/a/vLPRcnG

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
I can't find any info in MSI x470 gaming plus manual about diagnostic ram leds.
It might be them lighting up is normal operation, signalling about ram being detected.
yes... i look up other thead and seems like it is the case here. it just simply signal mine is connected. personally i hate red color and this might just be another reason i dodge getting it for any future build. im hoping i can install win as of right now and if everything goes well then im good to go.