[SOLVED] Ram Configurator vs Motherboard QVL

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of upgrading my ram (16gb -> 32gb) and I am puzzled regarding compatibility.
My (relevant to this case) pc specs are:
  • 3700X - stock / no oc or undervolting
  • Asus Prime X470 Pro
I've been fiddling with Gskill's ram configurator while simultaneously looking at the latest QVL from Asus for AMD 3rd gen cpus. Weird thing is, there are some modules that do exist in the QVL that don't come up on the configurator and vice versa.

More specifically, my eyes are fixed on the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit that Asus mentions is compatible and will run at the target speed of 3600Mhz using the XMP profile. Gskill does not include it in the recommended kits (perhaps motherboard to old to bother testing newer dimms?).

So... what do I do? Do I trust Asus or should I go for something else?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'd trust the manufacturer first, Asus in this case.
If they say it works, this usually means the modules were tested working properly by them.
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of upgrading my ram (16gb -> 32gb) and I am puzzled regarding compatibility.
My (relevant to this case) pc specs are:
  • 3700X - stock / no oc or undervolting
  • Asus Prime X470 Pro
I've been fiddling with Gskill's ram configurator while simultaneously looking at the latest QVL from Asus for AMD 3rd gen cpus. Weird thing is, there are some modules that do exist in the QVL that don't come up on the configurator and vice versa.

More specifically, my eyes are fixed on the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit that Asus mentions is compatible and will run at the target speed of 3600Mhz using the XMP profile. Gskill does not include it in the recommended kits (perhaps motherboard to old to bother testing newer dimms?).

So... what do I do? Do I trust Asus or should I go for something else?

Thanks in advance!
It should work fine, post back here when you get it working for some fine tuning.

Reactions: thomUni
Oct 9, 2020
Yeap. It works out of the box. Installed them right after updating bios to the latest. DOCP enabled and so far so good.
Had a couple of rounds in Warzone and no issues.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: ChumP