[SOLVED] RAM detection problem on MSI Z97 Gaming 3 ?

spikekicker

Reputable
Aug 29, 2018
Hi
I have msi Z97 gaming 3 mobo with it 4670k
Was working fine but now the first 2 ram slots"from the right" aren't working and the last 2 "next to cpu" working fine
When I plug any ram stick in the first 2 slots the mobo keep powering on and off "stays on for around 2 sec with no data or sounds"
I donno why sadly there is no official service provider for msi in my country to fix it
So I gave it to a repair store a week ago and he still can't find the problem
Notice. Ram sticks are fine . Tried single and dual ram sticks same problem
The pc boots to the windows fine when the ram is plugged in the last 2 slots single ch

Last edited:
Solution
Hi
Was working fine but now the first 2 ram slots"from the right" aren't working and the last 2 "next to cpu" working fine
When I plug any ram stick in the first 2 slots the mobo keep powering on and off "stays on for around 2 sec with no data or sounds"
I donno why sadly there is no official service provider for msi in my country to fix it
The pc boots to the windows fine when the ram is plugged in the last 2 slots single ch
Do you have ddr4 ram by chance? If yes then you need to buy ddr3 ram (1333/1600mhz)
Mar 19, 2021
Hi
Do you have ddr4 ram by chance? If yes then you need to buy ddr3 ram (1333/1600mhz)

Solution