[SOLVED] Ram Dilemma

Lushern1309

Great
Aug 22, 2019
Hi Guys
So i recently purchased a B450 + R5 3600, i currently have 2 x 8gb Crucial ballistix DDR4 modules but i will have to sacrifice 1 in a sale, my new board supports 4 x Dimms, should i just buy another stick of above ram or go for a 4 x 4gb kit, prices aren't that great at the moment so it will be max 2666mhz that i will buy, however if anyone knows of good deals in South africa let me know, much appreciated

Lushern1309

Great
Aug 22, 2019
Not sure of sales/prices in your area, but I wouldn't run 4x4gb 2666mhz RAM. You will have better performance with 2x16gb 3200mhz or faster ram with that board and CPU. As far as adding a second stick to your existing, it may work or it might not. RAM is sold in matching pairs to guarantee they work together.
Thanks for the Info. i think 32gb might be overkill for my gaming needs, however what i am sure of at the moment is that i do use more that 8gb with games like Darksiders 3, warhammer chaosbane and a few others puts me over the 8gb mark as i have alot of background tasks running when gaming so i don't want to run into a situation where i'm starved of memory. also i purchased both my sticks from different retailers and they worked perfectly fine, there's a 8gb white stick of crucial ballistix for roughly $46, is there a chance that it will not work, as it is the same spec as my current except the color?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Memory 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS