[SOLVED] Ram Dilemma

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi Guys
So i recently purchased a B450 + R5 3600, i currently have 2 x 8gb Crucial ballistix DDR4 modules but i will have to sacrifice 1 in a sale, my new board supports 4 x Dimms, should i just buy another stick of above ram or go for a 4 x 4gb kit, prices aren't that great at the moment so it will be max 2666mhz that i will buy, however if anyone knows of good deals in South africa let me know, much appreciated

Solution
Not sure of sales/prices in your area, but I wouldn't run 4x4gb 2666mhz RAM. You will have better performance with 2x16gb 3200mhz or faster ram with that board and CPU. As far as adding a second stick to your existing, it may work or it might not. RAM is sold in matching pairs to guarantee they work together.

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Not sure of sales/prices in your area, but I wouldn't run 4x4gb 2666mhz RAM. You will have better performance with 2x16gb 3200mhz or faster ram with that board and CPU. As far as adding a second stick to your existing, it may work or it might not. RAM is sold in matching pairs to guarantee they work together.
Thanks for the Info. i think 32gb might be overkill for my gaming needs, however what i am sure of at the moment is that i do use more that 8gb with games like Darksiders 3, warhammer chaosbane and a few others puts me over the 8gb mark as i have alot of background tasks running when gaming so i don't want to run into a situation where i'm starved of memory. also i purchased both my sticks from different retailers and they worked perfectly fine, there's a 8gb white stick of crucial ballistix for roughly $46, is there a chance that it will not work, as it is the same spec as my current except the color?