Question Ram does not work together and by itself

Sep 28, 2019
I’m new to pc building and one of my ram sticks seems to be not working.

I have 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX.

One of the sticks works by itself but the other doesn’t. The pc turns on and then goes on a loop. Then the monitor gets no signal, but the pc and the fans are still running.

I have a msi b450 tomahawk motherboard. The debug led for the cpu seems to be on. Is it a cpu problem?

Cpu : AMD ryzen 5 2600x

Sep 28, 2019
I mean, if leaving single RAM installed, in slot 1 and starting the board, does it work? If yes, power off, move the RAM to slot 2, start the board, test. And so on with all 4 slots.
All slots work. I tried it with the working ram. Should I try it with the ram that doesn’t work ?

Sep 28, 2019
If working in one of the slots, then it should be ok. Now try both RAMs, firstly in 1 and 3, then in 2 and 4.
I forgot to say on the forum, I put both ram on slot 1 and 2 when I first tried turning on the pc. Is that a problem? On the motherboard manual it says to put in on slot 2 and 4.

Sep 28, 2019
Do you know what else to do ? I don’t think I can return it either, I got it from a third party seller.
One time both sticks worked and I went to system information and it recognized 16gb on my motherboard. But then it just turned off the monitor. (Fans still running and motherboard still working I think)

You're welcome.
Updating the BIOS. Check on youtube for some videos that show how to update the BIOS on boards similar with yours and, if you feel confident enough, go for it. Use single RAM when updating the BIOS and use the utility in BIOS, with the BIOS file saved on an USB drive. Do not do it from Windows.