Question RAM doesn’t allow my computer to boot after I turn it off

Feb 21, 2019
So my computer all of a sudden stopped booting and I troubleshot until I found a lot of info on possibly bad RAM. So I took the RAM out and then simply just put it back in then my computer booted. Continued to turn it off then turn it back on to it not booting. All fans and lights work. My motherboard keeps looping when this occurs because it goes from diagnostic 15 then to 90 Everytime this occurs. It could possibly be the RAM slots but I just don’t understand why replugging works

Feb 21, 2019
Now I can’t get it to boot no matter what order I put the RAM in. Guessing this is a power supply issue but no sure. I have ran this setup for about a week since I just got a new graphics card

jonaharkiay

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
The code 90 is an error code. Look up the error code for your model and you will find the problem. Also, you might want to take one stick out because if any of the sticks fail (assuming you have 2 sticks or more) the computer won't boot.
Your problem could be CPU, RAM, or motherboard, or psu.
CPU - Error code
RAM - 1 Stick may be dead causing both to fail or both dead
PSU - May not boot, or work for a little (this could be ram too)
GPU - You can remove gpu and then run on the chip's integrated graphics. If your computer boots, then its gpu. Gpu likely doesn't cause boot failure though.
Motherboard - If all else is ok.

If you were able to boot for a little, it's either the RAM or PSU.

It could be that your gpu damaged the psu because it was not built for it. Even if you use 350w out of a 500w psu it will not work if your psu is cheap. Only good psus can handle a graphics card.

Feb 21, 2019
I’m running a 1080 with a 650w Corsair PSU. Haven’t really had any problems. I tried starting with one RAM stick and that’s what worked the first time then it hasn’t worked after that. The error is “phase transfer to BDS from DXE. Not sure if that eliminates anything but I feel like my only option is to run my components in another computer to determine what is faulty