Brand new build with the following parts:
1) AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
2) G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (2x8GB)
3) Asrock B450M PRO4
4) Samsung EVO SSD
5) Windows 10 64bit legit
RAM sticks connected at A2, B2 slots.
Power supply Corsair CX550

I try to load the XMP 2.0 profile for 3200MHz but the system does not run stable since it results in "Video TDR Error atikmpag.sys".
I understand many people have the same problem and I came to realize that the 3200MHz for the ram is not officially supported by the motherboard at this moment. I lowered RAM speed step by step and now it is running with XMP 2.0 @2933MHz without any problem.
However, I bought RAM sticks capable of 3200MHz in order to maximize the performance of the ryzen APU under gaming and I noticed considerable performance drop as the memory speed drops.
Furthermore, there aren't really many options for this mobo for working 16G RAM at 3200MHz (according to their official site).
I installed the latest UEFI (P1.50) but still nothing changed.
I would like to know, am I stuck with a mobo that doesn't work with my RAM? Is it possible at all that my RAM will be supported with a future bios update? Maybe I should replace sticks (even though I cant find in my country thesticks that supposedly work at 3200 according to their site) or even mobo?

Thank you very much!

xmp May not work as it is an intel standard.

Due to the design difference between and and intel implementation, you might run into issues. You could try tweak the timings on your own manually.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

You can use this tool to calculates the timing.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
2933 is fairly standard for what you have. You might get 3200 by overclocking the processor and or adjusting timings and or voltage to the memory. It's not always as easy as just click XMP on a overclock setting. For gaming you should buy a video card.

Nov 10, 2018
Hey, thanks for the replies!
So I tried the dram calculator but didn't really know what exactly to put in inputs so didn't manage to use it at all.
I also tried the settings used in the article that Calvin7 shared, still no luck. Still getting video TDR error with CPU at 3900MHz, 1.475V and RAM at 3200 XMP 2.0.
I loaded the non OCd CPU profile with RAM at 2933 which was the last stable settings. I don't know what else I could do, maybe leave it as it is and hope that a future BIOS upgrade will support compatibility with a default 3200MHz RAM setting?

Thanks for the replies again!

Nov 10, 2018
I had asked Asrock too, and just received an email from them. I thought I'd quote it here so that maybe someone else gets help. (Apparently I tried their suggestions and still nothing)

Hello,

RAM compatibility depends for a large part on the AGESA code. Unfortunately I have no insight in AMD’s release schedule for new AGESA code version, or in the modifications they might bring.

Have you tried playing with RAM settings after loading the XMP profile?

You could try to lower or slightly increase the DRAM voltage.

Default in the XMP profile is 1.35V. You can try 1.25 or 1.30V. Sometimes lowering the voltage actually can make the system stable.

And you could try 1.40V at your own risk. Most modules can handle voltages slightly above the official maximum.

Increasing SoC Voltage is another option. Try 1.00/1.05/1.10/1.15/1.20. Do not go higher than 1.20V.

And you can try to relax (increase) some timings.

Kind regards,

ASRock Support

I don't know what is this AGESA code they are talking about, but tried the proposed settings, and nothing. Only stable RAM speed is still 2933MHz.