Question Ram downclocking to 4000mhz from 6000mhz upon restart sometimes

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Hello ive recently build a new PC with a i9 13900k z970-f gaming wifi motherboard 4090 and also 32gb corsair dominator platinum rbg ddr5 ram and im having an issue. Basically sometimes randomly i will try to restart my pc and everything will shut off but the fans and pc will stay on and my monitor goes black and nothing happens so i have to force shut down. Then i hit the power button go into bios and my ram is set to 4000mhz from 6000mhz which is my docp 1 profile i have set. I boot into windows and check in task manager and its still 4000mhz until i reboot and then it seems to go back up to 6000mhz. Ive tried to look for others who are having this issue but i can't find anyone I've recently removed armory crate off my system and i cue with a windows reinstall of windows 11 but i dont see how that could be causing the issues. As it does seem to of started since i reinstalled windows at least i think it has. Anyone got any idea why this might be happening i have tested my ram in memtest 86 for an entire night and it passed every test so i dont think the ram is faulty.

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
What psu are you using? Try disabling fast start in Windows, and quick/fast startup in bios if they are enabled.

Im using a corsair 1200w platinum one so i dont think it would be that and yeah fast startup is off it started around the time i uninstalled armory using the asus armory installer and it happened yesterday after i tried to install signal rbg.

So ive reinstalled armory and icue and seen i have a update for chipset drivers so ive done that and i also reseated the ram and it hasnt happened since yesterday now. im wondering if something crucial got uninstalled with the armory uninstaller cause that seems to be what started it everything was fine until then.

Im using a corsair 1200w platinum one so i dont think it would be that and yeah fast startup is off it started around the time i uninstalled armory using the asus armory installer and it happened yesterday after i tried to install signal rbg.

So ive reinstalled armory and icue and seen i have a update for chipset drivers so ive done that and i also reseated the ram and it hasnt happened since yesterday now. im wondering if something crucial got uninstalled with the armory uninstaller cause that seems to be what started it everything was fine until then.
God I hate that Armoury Crate program. It seems like a third of my advice turns out to be a problem with that monster.