Jun 2, 2022
Hello everyone!

I just recently got myself a new machine but it didn't really... go that well...

I had to pay a technician to look over it and give me wrong advice, apparently my motherboard (newly bought btw.) wasn't all-to well, so I ordered a replacement one.
But... To my luck, dual channel still didn't work on it.
Single Channel does, I then tested all configurations, the recommended one and the other channel set, none worked on none of the motherboards.
Now I am just furious, nothing seems to make dual channel work.

My steup is:
Mobo: ASUS Prime Z690-P D4
RAM: G.Skill 2x16Gb (3600mhz, CL16)
CPU: Intel i9 12900k
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Suprim

The mobo QVL seems also to list that RAM as supported.
I also tried with the latest BIOS... to no avail.
Also tried one stick in, enable XMP, turn off and put stick in... still no success.

When I then run in dual-channel, no display and no POST whatsoever.
What could be happening here?
Maybe the motherboard product itself is just rubbish?

Oh and the RAM also seems to be ok, both sticks work in single channel as well as individually.

Thank you all

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you parse a link to the ram kit you're working with? As for the BIOS, what version of BIOS are you on? Your specs are incomplete, you will need to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as the OS you're working with. Which slots are you populating with the sticks of ram? How are you cooling that processor?

Jun 2, 2022
Hello, thanks for the warm welcome :D

The RAM kit can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRLBXLR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FVH2P5PFZE16T7WDK9K1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My PSU is the Corsair RM850x, BIOS is the newest version.
My OS is Kubuntu 22.04. (soon to be dual-boot with Windows)

Right now it is slots B1 and B2, the only ones that work... on both boards.

I cool it with an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420

Update: I have now decided to buy a new motherboard, hopefully that will work. (It doesn't help my purse for sure)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022
Hello, thanks for the warm welcome :D

The RAM kit can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRLBXLR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FVH2P5PFZE16T7WDK9K1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My PSU is the Corsair RM850x, BIOS is the newest version.
My OS is Kubuntu 22.04. (soon to be dual-boot with Windows)

Right now it is slots B1 and B2, the only ones that work... on both boards.

I cool it with an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420

Update: I have now decided to buy a new motherboard, hopefully that will work. (It doesn't help my purse for sure)

Hey there! New to the forums as well!

I'm having the same issue as you, I was wondering if replacing the motherboard worked or any updates on your issue?

I bought a 12700KF and Gigabyte Z690 AERO D4 and had the same results; dual channel not working, but single sticks and non dual channel config working.

By chance, my brother ordered a ASUS ROG Z690-A Strix D4 and it arrived before his cpu so I decided to test it on that but to the same results :(

So I thought it was the RAM itself, so I ordered a set of T.Force Xtreem 2x8 16GB 3600Mhz (my previous one being a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8x2 3200mhz kit), and still the same results 😭

I even tried loosening the screws on my CPU Cooler (Lian Li Galahad 360) to no avail...

Now I'm thinking it might be the 12700kf itself, so im planning to get a test cpu (a cheap celeron or pentium) to confirm this.

Current Complete Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 12700kf
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A D4
RAM: T.Force Xtreem 2x8 16GB 3600Mhz CL18
SSD: Adata SX8200 Pro 512gb NVME M.2
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Gold GX-650
AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO

I'm at my wit's end on this 😭😭😭

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022
Ohh I am so sorry, I was so fed up getting everything to run I forgot my post.

It did fix it already.
I did get a new motherboard, the MAG Tomahawk Z690, but unfortunately this did not fix it.

I isolated the issue, it was the CPU, but since my CPU had no pins I never thought about it being the possible cause of all of this.
So I did eventually look at it and it turned out the entire PCB was bent, just slightly but enough so that its pads don't make perfect contact with the socket.
It worked as usual, but as said above, dual-channel didn't.
So I eventually returned it and hoped for a return, which took a month and now I got my money and ordered a new one somewhere else yesterday.

Thanks everyone for their help