RAM Failure or something else?

Oct 19, 2018
Hey!

PC which I've built about 5 months ago has been slowly becoming unusable. For last 5 months, I've been getting random BSOD's, I just ignored them since they weren't happening too often (About once a week) and I thought it might be just Windows being Windows.

The first time I thought something might be wrong with my computer is when I bought Assassin's Creed: Origins, the first game that stressed my computer (Previously been playing games like CS/WOW). The game was crashing after 30mins - 1hour of gameplay. Didn't finish the game and kept on ignoring the issue.

Months went by, been mainly playing Wow and Fortnite, both games didn't really stress my PC, been getting blue screens or crashes very, very rarely.

Then, I purchased black ops 4(Stressed the hell out of my pc) game was crashing randomly, been getting random errors in event viewer, but was able to play on ultra without any drops and below 75c on CPU/GPU. At this point, I started getting worried and taking action.

Then I got a Memory Management blue screen, many people have said that it's connected to registry/windows, so I tried clean installing windows, during the installation I've been getting an error telling me that not all files are available or something along those lines (Can't really find the exact error message). After over 10 tries, switching ram from dual link to single, I somehow was able to install the windows.

Now that Windows is installed, I'm unable to update it to the latest version, because I get random freezes during installation. I've tried installing ram in every combination, both sticks in 1,2/2,4/1,3/2,4 and one stick at the time in all slots.

Now my question is if it's a DIMM slot, memory controller or ram issue. Windows' memtest displayed hardware problems. I'm very new to PC building and troubleshooting so I hope my question is not stupid.

Pc Specs:
CPU: I7 8700k (OC to 4.8ghz on 1.34v, always below 70c under full stress)

GPU: GTX 980ti

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 LPX 3000MHz ( Kit of 2x 8gb 3000mhz sticks)

Motherboard: ASRock z370 extreme4

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W

Oct 19, 2018