[SOLVED] Ram faulty?

Nov 6, 2018
Good day,
I have 2 4gb rams
1 kingston 2133 mhz and 1 crucial 2400 mhz, its plugged in a h110 mobo i3-7100,
My pc would beep 3 times and shuts down, then starts then beeps 3 times then shuts down. I removed the kingston ram, same result... I removed the crucial ram and plugged the kingston ram it boots and without problems... Is the crucial ram faulty? It wasnt like this the last time perfectly fine.. Its not a faulty mobo since i now have a 2x8gb 2666mhz rams in place and working well in dual channel... I checked the crucial ram and it was inserted properly in its socket before booting up

Solution
Did you try the Crucial RAM module by itself without the Kingston RAM?
It's a 50/50 bet that Mixed RAM modules work, so they could just not be working together.
If you tried the Crucial RAM by itself and had a failure, but the Kingston RAM worked perfectly, the module is probably faulty.

What exact motherboard make/model is it?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Did you try the Crucial RAM module by itself without the Kingston RAM?
It's a 50/50 bet that Mixed RAM modules work, so they could just not be working together.
If you tried the Crucial RAM by itself and had a failure, but the Kingston RAM worked perfectly, the module is probably faulty.

What exact motherboard make/model is it?

Solution
Nov 6, 2018
Yes i tried the crucial ram by itself three beeps then shut down, i tried it on a different ram slot and the same. The Kingston ram is just fine, for 2+ yrs they just fine even though they are different rams. My board is a gigabyte h110-d3a ultra durable. Its ok i now have a replacement 2x8gb's for my new mobo and proc. I just want to resell them so i can add to my gpu budget :D. I will try it again when i can... Thanks