RAM FOR ASUS A7V ???

G

I'M UPGRADING MY MICRON MILLENIA C366. GOING TO AMD ATHLON 800 SOCKET A, AND ASUS A7V KT133 SOCKET A REV. 1.02.
WILL MY TWO 64MB 168-PIN DIMM 8X64 SYNC UNBUFFERED SDRAM CHIPS FROM MICRON WORK WITH THE UPGRADE ?
MICRON PART # CT8M64S4D-8LDTAG
IF THEY WORK, I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE ADVICE ON A BETTER CHIP/CHIPS TO USE.
THANKS
DENNIS
THE MO' FO's WEBSITES THAT SOLD ME THIS CRAP WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO ASK THIS QUESTION NOW THAT I HAVE PURCHASED THE PRODUCTS. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
They should work just fine. You didn't mention the MHz but you can set that in the bios (whatever it is 66, 100 or 133).

I would suggest Crucial if you want new mem.

G

THE BOOK SAYS 66MHZ SDRAM PARAMETER FOR SYNCHRONOUS MEMORY.
DIMM MODULES MUST BE UNBUFFERED AND OPERATE AT 3.3V.
NON-ECC (64-BIT) MEMORY.
If this isn't the info you need, can you tell me where to find the info?
Thanks
Dennis

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Dennis. first turn the [-peep-] Cap's off. now then, I also have the ASUS A7V. I use all 3 of the DIMM's. 1 128MB POS CAS3 PC133 (dimm 0), 1 64MB Micron PC100 CAS3 that does 133 (dimm1), 1 32MB PC100 total POS ram.. (dimm2). Everything works great. I have had no problems at all with memory and the A7V. The lowest FSB options that I get in BIOS though is 90mhz, (you would also lose 10% of your CPU speed by doing this) if your PC66 cant do 90mhz you are kinda in a bad spot. But with prices as they are today you can get a stick of PC133 CAS2 for 85$ not bad at all.

soup.

AMD for Life!

G

SOUP
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE !!!
I FOUND SOME INFO ABOUT A7V, AND THE RAM THEY USED FOR THEIR TEST ON THIS SAME WEBSITE.
DOES THIS IDEA FOR RAM MAKE SENSE TO YOU ?
THANKS
DENNIS (of note to you,who likely has a sense of humor...my business card labels me "SPIRITUAL ADVISOR" for occupation...........NO ONE EVER FORGETS MY BIZ CARD.) actually 50 yr old, former big biz consultant, and former owner of 11 Subway's. Now in a class action suit against them. ..........which is rather useless B.S. info for you. HA!

CRUCIAL
I FOUND OUT THAT MY OLD RAM CHIPS WON'T WORK IN THE UPGRADE.
WILL THE CT16M64S4D7E WHICH IS A PC133, 7NS, CL2, 3.3 V WORK WITH THIS UPGRADE ?
I HAVE A MICRON HDI001207-00 8.4GB ATA-33 HARD DRIVE...........
BBBUUUTTTT, I'VE FOUND MICRON'S WEBSITE TO BE NEARLY THE MOST USELESS SITE I HAVE
EVER USED FOR SEARCHING ABOUT THE PRODUCTS I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM. (NEARLY ONE HOUR OF
SEARCHING GAVE ME ZIP RESULTS ON TRYING TO LEARN MORE SPECS ABOUT THE H.D.) IT WILL BE A COLD
DAY IN HELL WHEN I EVER BUY FROM MICRON AGAIN. END OF SERMON..............ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME
ON KEEPING/UPGRADING THE H.D. ??? OR IF THIS IS THE CHIP YOU WOULD INSTALL ??
THANKS
DENNIS

G

I use two PC133 128MB modules in my A7V. Go for it, less than $100 for one 128MB module, I recommend 128mb or 256mb modules, don't mess with the small stuff, what video card are you going to use?

>=================>GOOD EVENING

G

Rocketman
I currently have a ViewSonic E771 17", and the Micron Millennia board has 4MB nVidia Riva 128 integrated video. For my uses, this setup has been very acceptable. I'm assuming "integrated", means "stuck there". Any thoughts on a relatively inexpensive video card option?
I'm going to go ahead and get one of the same type of RAM modules you use from Crucial.
Thanks
Dennis