Question RAM for B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and Ryzen 2700X

Jan 2, 2020
Hello, I choose two RAM:
G.Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
G.Skill Flare X - F4-3200C14D-16GFX.
I want choose one of this two, but I don't no which one should i choose!
This is RAM compatible with my system?
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
MB - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Will this RAM work on full freqency in dual-channel (3200Mhz)?

Jan 2, 2020
While the QVL list from MSI does not show either of those RAM kits on their QVL list, G.Skill's website shows both of them when you look up your motherboard with their RAM configurator.

This link is for your motherboard, filtered for a 2x8GB kit at latency of 14.

https://gskill.com/configurator?page=1&cls=1529635169&manufacturer=1524715120&chipset=1531979578&model=1531979757&adSearch2=Capacity§16GB (8GBx2),Tested_Latency§14-14-14-34,
I know, but don't no will this RAM work on full freqency in dual-channel (3200Mhz)?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you go into the BIOS and set the XMP profile, then it should. I couldn't say with absolute 100% certainty, though. A 3200Hz kit with my son's new PC will only work stably at 3000Hz, even though he has a B450 motherboard. However, his CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600, so that might be the reason.

Jan 2, 2020
If you go into the BIOS and set the XMP profile, then it should. I couldn't say with absolute 100% certainty, though. A 3200Hz kit with my son's new PC will only work stably at 3000Hz, even though he has a B450 motherboard. However, his CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600, so that might be the reason.
And even if there is this RAM in the QVL list on the G.Skill website, does this not mean that it will work 100%? If the QVL list does not guarantee 100% operation, then I don’t understand how to choose the RAM so that it works at the base frequency (3200Mhy) in dual-channel.

Jan 2, 2020
You can google and see if people got it working on the same motherboard.

If you really want those RAMs, you can try them and if they don't work you return or exchange them.

Can't you buy other memory in the QVL list of the motherboard?
RAM from the QVL list is no longer on sale.
Can you advice please, which RAM should i choose?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
And even if there is this RAM in the QVL list on the G.Skill website, does this not mean that it will work 100%? If the QVL list does not guarantee 100% operation, then I don’t understand how to choose the RAM so that it works at the base frequency (3200Mhy) in dual-channel.

3200 is not the base frequency, it is the XMP frequency. Because you're buying a 2-stick kit, as long as you install them in the correct slots for dual-channel, it will work in dual-channel, definitely. I cannot definitely say with 100% certainty that it will work at 3200MHz, but it should.

I forgot to mention for my link, I also clicked to filter on the list for the 2000 series Ryzen CPUs, since yours is a 2700X.

I have the same motherboard and I'm currently running two 2x8GB Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 4000 at 3000. I've had no issues with manually setting one kit to 3200 with 14-14-14-34 timings 1.35v. I never had time to test at higher than 3200, just that I know 3600 won't work with my Ryzen 5 2600. When I have time for testing, I've been picking at it trying to get it stable at 3200 in 4x8 config and I think I'm getting close. I'm hoping Ryzen 4000 will allow me to run both kits at 3466-3600.

Also, as I've said before in other posts, I don't recommend anyone buy this memory kit unless they are ok with manually turning the memory for lower speeds on Ryzen 1000-3000.

Jan 2, 2020
I'll try to take the RAM that is on the QVL list, if it does not work, I will change it to another one.
I decided to try in this order:
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
Maybe I can find RAM among these that will work at its frequencies.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Those 2 Gskill kits are the same on the inside, both Samsung B-die. The only real difference is the heatsink on the outside, so choose whichever you like the looks of better.

Because of the X at the end of the serial number, both have been tested extensively for use with any Ryzen cpu, on any Ryzen mobo.

You make more trouble over nothing. They'll work just fine.

Don't bother with QVL. It's a waste. QVL is qualified Vendor list, not qualified ram list. It's just a few sticks and kits and speeds they bothered to test, because all the ram comes from only a handful of actual OEMs. The SkHynix used in the Corsair is the same as Adata or Patriot, the Samsung same for any Cas14 gskill etc. So they aren't about to test every single stick, when there's @ 5000 combinations in just gskill Trident-Z alone. If they tested every single stick you'd be talking about a QVL covering millions of different serial numbers and cost a small fortune per motherboard.

Samsung B-die on Ryzen mobo? No worries.

Jan 2, 2020
Those 2 Gskill kits are the same on the inside, both Samsung B-die. The only real difference is the heatsink on the outside, so choose whichever you like the looks of better.

Because of the X at the end of the serial number, both have been tested extensively for use with any Ryzen cpu, on any Ryzen mobo.

You make more trouble over nothing. They'll work just fine.

Don't bother with QVL. It's a waste. QVL is qualified Vendor list, not qualified ram list. It's just a few sticks and kits and speeds they bothered to test, because all the ram comes from only a handful of actual OEMs. The SkHynix used in the Corsair is the same as Adata or Patriot, the Samsung same for any Cas14 gskill etc. So they aren't about to test every single stick, when there's @ 5000 combinations in just gskill Trident-Z alone. If they tested every single stick you'd be talking about a QVL covering millions of different serial numbers and cost a small fortune per motherboard.

Samsung B-die on Ryzen mobo? No worries.
I know about QVL, but two week ago have problem.

Two weeks ago I built a PC and found out I can't run XMP Profile.
I've read a lot of information on forums, and everyone tell I need to change timings (CL). But no matter how much I tried it I can't do this.

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM - Corsair 2x16, 3200Mhz, CL16-18-18-36, 1.35V, XMP 2.0 (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)
Power Supply - Corsair RM550x (550W)

I already reset BIOS (BIOS updated to latest version) to default, few times. Base RAM timing 15-15-15-36 on frequency 2133Mhz (SPD).
By XMP "Profile 1" boost RAM only to 2933Mhz (Support frequency), by "Memory try it!" boost to 3033Mhz.
Any other frequency don't let to start system, so I have to reset CMOS.
As I change a frequency, CPU cooler change RPM and start to make noise. I can't change RPM because after restarting system RPM return back to default.
On frequency 2133Mhz work stably without problem. On frequency 2933Mhz CPU cooler make noise and system no stability, have BSOD.

So, I decided to try other RAM.
Therefore, I ask about compatibility, so that again I would not have a similar problem.

As I change a frequency, CPU cooler change RPM and start to make noise. I can't change RPM because after restarting system RPM return back to default.
On frequency 2133Mhz work stably without problem. On frequency 2933Mhz CPU cooler make noise and system no stability, have BSOD.
How exactly are you changing memory settings? Are you sure you changing the memory setting in the bios or in Ryzen Master? The CPU fan should not be running faster when changing memory settings. Also, make sure that you are actually on the newest bios version which is 1B or shown as 1.B0 in CPU-Z or HWInfo. MSI removed the GUI and when back to a legacy bios style on 1B.

Jan 2, 2020
How exactly are you changing memory settings? Are you sure you changing the memory setting in the bios or in Ryzen Master? The CPU fan should not be running faster when changing memory settings. Also, make sure that you are actually on the newest bios version which is 1B or shown as 1.B0 in CPU-Z or HWInfo. MSI removed the GUI and when back to a legacy bios style on 1B.
I changed the latency settings and the voltage settings of the RAM in advanced mode in the BIOS.
But it’s true when I changed the frequency settings of the RAM, the CPU cooler RPM changed its speed and started to make noise.
The BIOS has been updated to the latest version (1.B0).

I changed the latency settings and the voltage settings of the RAM in advanced mode in the BIOS.
But it’s true when I changed the frequency settings of the RAM, the CPU cooler RPM changed its speed and started to make noise.
The BIOS has been updated to the latest version (1.B0).
What CPU cooler are you using? Check your CPU temperature in bios and when running Windows. What is the CPU temperature and what is the temperature of the room the computer is in?