Question Ram for Ryzen 5 2600. should i change?

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I bought 2x8gb sticks of Corsair ram ( full specs below) and come to find out it snot listed on the compatability for ryzen processor website...
the website only shows the C15 version as compatable i have the C16 version. its working but i do have crappy FPS for the system i have could this be the issue?

also ive read you want "Samsung B-die ram for ryzen?" anyone recommend a good set.

Ryzen 5 2600 (stock)
MSI B450 tomahawk
16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3000mhz C16
RTX 2060 Asus ROG STRIX
650watt evga supernova g1+

cooling is more than sufficient nothing ever goes above 60C

is it worth selling these and getting something else? or should these be fine and something else is the issue

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The RAM is not causing the fps issue you seem to think you have. If the RAM is running at the rated speed after enabling AXMP in BIOS, the RAM is working fine. I have the same RAM in my Ryzen 5-1600X. And the 1st gen Ryzens were a whole lot more picky about the RAM than the 2nd gen.

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
The RAM is not causing the fps issue you seem to think you have. If the RAM is running at the rated speed after enabling AXMP in BIOS, the RAM is working fine. I have the same RAM in my Ryzen 5-1600X. And the 1st gen Ryzens were a whole lot more picky about the RAM than the 2nd gen.
I just noticed on the MSI website its not one of the listed supported ram sticks.

and yes its running at 2933mhz with xamp 2 enabled.