Question RAM Frequency issue - how to solve?

Dec 30, 2022
Hey everyone! Hope you guys are doing great!

Long Story, short - I've decided to upgrade my RAM Memory from 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ to 64GB DDR4 3200MHZ. The products are shown below, in case needed

Initial RAM - TC 2x8GB DDR4 3200 CL22-22-22-52 1.2V
Upgraded RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB DDR 3200 CL16-20-20-38 1.35V

Probably usual issue (which I have researched, as I'll continue to explain) but my RAM Memory is running on 2133 MHZ instead of 3200 MHZ which it should. A couple of things that I was able to notice, yet not sure how to proceed
  • A-XMP from BIOS was enabled (either Profile 1 - 2933MHZ or Profile 2 - 3200MHZ) with no change; RAM still showing at 2133MHZ speed
  • Tried to manually change the frequency from BIOS, with no actual improvement
  • Main issue could be the CPU, yet I wasn't able to bring the RAM to 2933MHZ (which I understood is the max it can support)
MotherBoard - Micro-Star International B450-A PRO MAX (MS-7B86) -> compatible with the memory, and supporting the 3200MHZ as far as I was able to read online
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 MHZ -> might be the main issue, as I understand it might not support the frequency of the RAM, limiting them to 2933MHZ

I am prepared to invest in a better CPU, have it installed by tomorrow, if that solves the issue. Other than that, I am not sure if I can do anything else on my end (maybe I can, and I just don't know it) in order to boost the RAM frequency.

Any advice, support & help is highly appreciated.

Later Edit - Just ordered a new CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x to make the upgrade full. Now my main question is this - why do I have 2 Profiles in X-AMP ? Does that mean my RAM have 2 different frequencies?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022
What do the profiles show? BTW your cpu and motherboard easily support 3200mhz. The memory controller may not like the memory you are using. Did you look at the compatibility list before buying the memory?
Hey mate; Thanks for the reply first of all. I have no idea what a memory controller is, how do I check the compatibility. Never heard of this issue before. Most of the people I've asked, told me "either CPU does not accept it, motherboard, or you did not activate AMP".

I actually checked everything, CPU came in (will install later tonight) so basically everything should be compatible. If you could help with additional details, would be lovely

Dec 30, 2022
Latest update -> CPU Changed, detected in BIOS. RAM frequency updated, yet for some reason, I can't exist BIOS. whatever I do, I am stuck there.
Any help is highly appreciated