[SOLVED] RAM Frequency Overclocking problems

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
I have tried to change my ram frequency from the standard 2133 up to the 3600 that my ram supports. For some reason when i change it my pc goes to reboot then shows nothing after that. My mouse and keyboard don’t power on and start their RGB run though and my monitors get black screens. Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to be stuck at the 2133 RAM speeds forever?

I use
ROG Strix b450-f motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro set at 3600MHz 2x16
Ryzen 7 2700x
Zotac Gaming RTC 2060s

Solution
I have tried to change my ram frequency from the standard 2133 up to the 3600 that my ram supports. For some reason when i change it my pc goes to reboot then shows nothing after that. My mouse and keyboard don’t power on and start their RGB run though and my monitors get black screens. Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to be stuck at the 2133 RAM speeds forever?

I use
Ryzen 7 2700x
Zotac Gaming RTC 2060s

It is not what your RAM supports but more what the IMC supports.
You may achieve the rated frequency of your OC RAM (Not guaranteed) however your not going about it correctly.

You can't just set a frequency in Bios and expect them to work...
There are 3 things that control your RAM speed: the RAM controller inside your CPU, the motherboard, and the specific RAM modules you have. Overclocking, by definition, is working outside the guaranteed parameters so it may or may not work.

Try increasing the speed in increments from the lowest (one step above 2133) to highest. When you start having problems back up to the previous setting. That's the maximum you will get from your specific hardware.

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
There are 3 things that control your RAM speed: the RAM controller inside your CPU, the motherboard, and the specific RAM modules you have. Overclocking, by definition, is working outside the guaranteed parameters so it may or may not work.

Try increasing the speed in increments from the lowest (one step above 2133) to highest. When you start having problems back up to the previous setting. That's the maximum you will get from your specific hardware.

See i started off just setting the speeds to what it says it goes to on the website and package taht I got and that is 3600MHz through the bios, and so even tried 3200 but neither worked but instead restricted my pc and my computer didn’t work until i basically reset it to default off of the motherboard. Are there other ways to do this but to have it work?

I use
Ryzen 7 2700x
Zotac Gaming RTC 2060s

It is not what your RAM supports but more what the IMC supports.
You may achieve the rated frequency of your OC RAM (Not guaranteed) however your not going about it correctly.

You can't just set a frequency in Bios and expect them to work.

You first have to determine the Timings and voltage referred to as the SPD (SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT).
During the POST cycle your RAM are interrogated and a safe set of SPD values are set in Bios to allow them to boot.

With OC RAM these values are not always the best so you have to manually enter the correct SPD Timings and voltage.
3600MHz is highly achievable even if you have to loosen the primary timings or increase the DRAM voltage slightly.
Your SPD values are listed in the Tools menu in Bios and listed under the SPD tab in CPUz. Write these down and enter them in Bios.

Primary memory timings are given through a series of numbers; for instance, 14-14-14-32 or 16-16-18-34. These numbers indicate the amount of clock cycles that it takes the memory to perform a certain operation. The smaller the number, the faster the memory.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

TRENDING THREADS