Reputable
Dec 22, 2018
PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G/ Ryzen 3 3400G
RAM: 2x4Gb DDR4 2666MHz
GPU: none
Memory: 128Gb SSD + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Power Supply: 700W

I heard that ryzen 3rd gen CPUs love 3000+ MHz RAM. I was wondering if its really necessary to buy a 3000+ MHz of RAM on Ryzen 3 3200G/ Ryzen 5 3400G or is 2666MHz an okay choice. I'm planning to use my PC for Microsoft apps and light gaming (LOL, DOTA 2, Minecraft PS2 emulators).

Well, your RAM speed in a G processor is even more important since your RAM is also your video memory. You want 16GB at 3600mhz cas16 if you can get it. 8GB is a bit low but depends how much RAM you use typically. If your system gets close to that (GPU will use this as well) your system will stutter in games as the RAM tasks are offloaded you your pagefile.

Reactions: EndEffeKt_24

MarsLlss

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
Well, your RAM speed in a G processor is even more important since your RAM is also your video memory. You want 16GB at 3600mhz cas16 if you can get it. 8GB is a bit low but depends how much RAM you use typically. If your system gets close to that (GPU will use this as well) your system will stutter in games as the RAM tasks are offloaded you your pagefile.
I have 2x4gb Corsair vengeance lpx at 3000mhz will it be enough with the r3 3200g?

MarsLlss

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
That’s all dependent on what you are using the computer for. Your integrated Vega graphics will utilize some of the RAM so your system will have less. If you are doing light tasks and very light gaming should be fine.
I mainly wanna play LoL and other light moba and fps games(witch i know its enough) but i love single player games as well like firewatch, tomb raider, Witcher even in medium-low graphics will i need to buy more ram space? And if yes should i buy another 2x4 or wait to get more money for 2x8

I mainly wanna play LoL and other light moba and fps games(witch i know its enough) but i love single player games as well like firewatch, tomb raider, Witcher even in medium-low graphics will i need to buy more ram space? And if yes should i buy another 2x4 or wait to get more money for 2x8
If you plan to play triple A titles then yes you want 16GB. I would expect your current setup to tie up your HDD page file and make your games stutter.