Question RAM halved?

Apr 25, 2020
I recently realized that my memory was being halved by something and I cant seem to figure it out. I have a

Ryzen 7 2700x,
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb kit running dual channel.

I tried running both sticks individually just to test if there is something wrong with the sticks and they work just fine on their own. The sticks are currently sitting in A2 and B2 slots which is what the motherboard manual said is the optimal dual channel slots to go with.

I then started to play around with the placements and I found that A1 and A2 seems to detect both ram sticks with little hardware reserve. I then left it as is for a couple of days then start seeing constant crashing when I play games that were usually stable. So much crashing in fact that Assassin's Creed Odyssey blue screened twice and immediately uninstalled itself.

I then tried other games and they either CTD without warnings or blue screened me. I then updated the bios which didn't work and I finally gave up and put the ram sticks back to A2 and B2. With the new bios update however I still have my ram halved.