Question RAM HELP C14 or C15

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys I’m kinda new to pc I’ve been at it a year now building etc. I am currently in the process off replacing my 1080 to a 2080ti RTX Strix. I currently have team group elite 2400mhz DDR4 ram and I am wanting to upgrade to Trident.Skill z rgb 3200mhz 32gb I’m currently not sure wether to get the C14 or C15 the price isn’t really a problem of course I’m trying to save money if possible. I’ve kinda looked up about this but it seems to be 50/50 some people saying yes as it’s samsung etc others saying no. Any advice would greatly be helpful.

Apr 17, 2019
What CPU and motherboard?
Hi sorry should of added this! I have a i7700k and a asus rog strix z270f mobo. I am looking at changing eventually if possible a i9 9900k and a Maximums hero mobo. But really wanting to know how it would work with both preferably with my current rig as that’s what I have now.

Apr 17, 2019
How much RAM do you have? You're probably fine as is. To improve encoding performance you basically want more cores/threads and faster speeds (so you could try overclocking if you haven't already).
I have 32gb ram cl16 2400mhz team
Elite group. And I haven’t yet overclocked my cpu which I deffo think I should do.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, I'd leave RAM as is for now, upgrading just for a higher speed wouldn't be a good return for your money. If you find your PC struggles while gaming + streaming then getting a higher core count CPU is definitely your best bet. Although in the meantime you could set your streaming program to use your GPU for encoding rather than CPU. I've heard quality may not be as good though.

TRENDING THREADS