[SOLVED] Ram help ordering tomorrow so kind of worried

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
As title suggests, im ordering ram tomorrow and had set on getting Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz C18 XMP 2.0 (CMW16GX4M2C3600C18 ) which is on corsair QVL list and on corsair site says 'optimized for Ryzen'. Now i wanted to get 32gb and in theory the 4x kit should work right? I couldnt help notice though it doesnt mention 'optimized' so im concerned im about to make a £200+ mistake. Or would ordering 2x kits of the 2x8gb option work also if ordering same time? The mobo i have is Asus Strix B550-f Gaming with Ryzen 5 5600x. I really want 32gb at the end of it though. For ref the 32gb kit is CMW32GX4M4C3600C18.

Solution
i think you're fine , it doesn't matter much (ryzen optimised or anything) just try to order the same kit for all four slots with same frequencies and size, the 'amd ryzen optimised' thing is just an 'already tested' assurance that this particular ram is stable (and tested)on that frequency with that cycle rate on a particular mobo+cpu , if you order a non amd optimised ram it will do just fine though you may have to tweak up a little in frequencies here and there which is easily accessible in the motherboard (if there's a minor stability issues)so don't worry about that.

Akshay_38

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
i think you're fine , it doesn't matter much (ryzen optimised or anything) just try to order the same kit for all four slots with same frequencies and size, the 'amd ryzen optimised' thing is just an 'already tested' assurance that this particular ram is stable (and tested)on that frequency with that cycle rate on a particular mobo+cpu , if you order a non amd optimised ram it will do just fine though you may have to tweak up a little in frequencies here and there which is easily accessible in the motherboard (if there's a minor stability issues)so don't worry about that.

Reactions: TobinUK
Solution
"optimized" is mostly marketing.
Buy a single kit of the capacity and speed you want.
2 or 4 sticks in the kit makes little difference, ryzen is sill dual channel.

You are smart to pick a kit for your motherboard from either the motherboard QVL list or from the Corsair ram selection app.
Not all seemingly identical specs will work with ryzen.