Arterus

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
I was wanting to get some extra ram but i'm not sure what kind to get. I want 2 more gig's so I can run my pc games a lot smoother. This is what I wanted : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231134
But on one of the reviews the guy said it didn't work for him and the responds was: "There are no restrictions for this memory as long as it is for Intel i7 platforms." I don't think I have an i7 platform but the ram I looked up on my computer model is [PC-3-10600(1333mhz)DDR3]. Could you tell me if the ram from the link would work with my pc or could you select some from the website that would work? Here are my specs.
Mymainboard.jpg
[/img]
Mymemory.jpg

MyCpu.jpg
[/img]

Solution
Well, should be enough info.

The RAM you posted should work fine. Any DDR3-1333 which uses 1.5V would be fine.

Remember, if you are using 32-bit Windows version, you'll end up with about 3.3GBs of RAM available, not 4GBs. If you have a 64-bit version, you'll see all your RAM.

You could also choose to move to 6GBs at this time by buying 2 - 2GB modules, but see above.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Most likely the RAM you listed would be just fine for your computer - it matches the specs of what you have already and I assume you do have two more slots available - but I would feel better knowing exactly what your computer is. Also, the RAM you have likely has a make and/or model number on it, that would be good because we'd know what voltage your current RAM uses and match that.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Well, should be enough info.

The RAM you posted should work fine. Any DDR3-1333 which uses 1.5V would be fine.

Remember, if you are using 32-bit Windows version, you'll end up with about 3.3GBs of RAM available, not 4GBs. If you have a 64-bit version, you'll see all your RAM.

You could also choose to move to 6GBs at this time by buying 2 - 2GB modules, but see above.

Solution