Ram in second slot

Game Freak

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
i have a question, can i install ram in the second slot and not in the first one?

The reason i ask is if i install my aftermarket cooler then there is no space for my ram to fit in the first slot.

I have turned the cooler around and its blowing out the heat to the front of the chassis, i want it to exit at the rear.

Solution
Yup you can.

Yeah....Corsair Vengeance RAM - Typical. I also face that problem when using that with my Hyper 212. Still usable despite it already bumping with the Cooler, but I wouldn't recommend it in a long run.

UltimateDeep

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Yup, It's prolly better. High Profile RAMs are always the problem with huge tower Heatsinks. And yes, I always face and highly recommend that my heatsink and fans to blow out towards the case's rear exhaust.

By the way, how much RAM are you putting in, and what is the motherboard that you'll be using?

UltimateDeep

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Yup you can.

Yeah....Corsair Vengeance RAM - Typical. I also face that problem when using that with my Hyper 212. Still usable despite it already bumping with the Cooler, but I wouldn't recommend it in a long run.

Solution

Game Freak

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
My cooler don't want to fit, i can't even let it touch the cooler a little bit it's to much in the way. Then i will use second slot. What should intel core i5 4670 idle temperatures and load temperatures be?

lilpopjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Haha i have the noctua air cooler. So huge. I had to cut the heat sinks off one of my Dimms. To be fair unless it's super duper high performance RAM the heatsinks won't really do that much anyways IMO, well not the knobly bits on the vengeance anyway. Just get a hacksaw ad cut the top bits off, that's what i done, got pictures to prove it as well xD

lilpopjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

]
Huh.. I completely forgot about that.
I tried tried to take them off but wasn't very successful. To be honest I didn't try that hard jist tried prying them off then that wqs that so I cut the tops off . You could probably just take them off and when/ if they fail just out them back on