[SOLVED] Ram increase worth it?

Jun 6, 2020
Hi all,
I have a fairly basic hp laptop:
AMD A6-7310 2GHz
Radeon r4 graphics
8gb ram (6.97 usable)
Running windows 10.

I would like to play the game ‘sea of thieves’ with my brother while we can’t meet up during the whole coronavirus situation. I can get the game to run of absolute low settings, super low res and settings. It’s playable but laggy and looks terrible.

I was wondering if upping the Ram to 16gb would give me any significant improvement or if the cpu/gpu bottle neck is just going to limit any gains.

I know laptops are not very flexible, but any other thoughts on ways to make the game more playable? Is a small overclock an option?
Otherwise my only option is a new laptop which seems a waste as we probably won’t play as much when the lockdown ends.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Solution
Hi all,
AMD A6-7310 2GHz
Radeon r4 graphics
8gb ram (6.97 usable)
Running windows 10.

I would like to play the game ‘sea of thieves’ with my brother while we can’t meet up during the whole coronavirus situation. I can get the game to run of absolute low settings, super low res and settings. It’s playable but laggy and looks terrible.

I was wondering if upping the Ram to 16gb would give me any significant improvement or if the cpu/gpu bottle neck is just going to limit any gains.

I know laptops are not very flexible, but any other thoughts on ways to make the game more playable? Is a small overclock an option?
Otherwise my only option is a new laptop which seems a waste as we probably won’t play as...

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi all,
AMD A6-7310 2GHz
Radeon r4 graphics
8gb ram (6.97 usable)
Running windows 10.

Otherwise my only option is a new laptop which seems a waste as we probably won’t play as much when the lockdown ends.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
Increasing RAM wouldnt do anything for you other than giving you more access memory to run more things at once than improving much to do with the game. I did look at the PC specs they have on the website for Sea of thieves and try turning down your resolution to 720p and capping at 30FPs and that should solve a bit of your problem. https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/...media/File:Sea_of_Thieves_PC_Requirements.jpg

Reactions: CV02476
Solution