Ram increasing causing preformance issues

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Hi.
Just now i installed annother 8 GB of RAM in my gaming pc additional to the previous installed 8. Everywhere the test come out positive and i can still play games and do other things. However my preformance on most games has dropped by as much as 10 to 30 FPS... Aswell as for games like Devision my pc just locks up and i get a BSOD 1043 (memory issue)

My PC Specs are:
ASROCK Z77 Xtreme 4
Intel I5 3570K
Max Bandwith PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
SPD Ext. 1.3
JEDEC #1 CAS Latency 6 | Frequency 457 MHz
JEDEC #2 CAS Latency 7 | Frequency 533 MHz
JEDEC #3 CAS Latency 9 | Frequency 666 Mhz
JEDEC #4 CAS Latency 9 | Frequency 800 Mhz
SPD Ext. 1.3
JEDEC #1 CAS Latency 6 | Frequency 457 MHz
JEDEC #2 CAS Latency 7 | Frequency 533 MHz
JEDEC #3 CAS Latency 9 | Frequency 666 Mhz
JEDEC #4 CAS Latency 9 | Frequency 800 Mhz

The Issues do occur with SLI Enabled and Dissabled. CPU Usage is at 50/80% but thats standard and with 8 GB i never had issues. Memory usage used to be 70-80% with 8GB Now 47-50 % with 16.

If anny more info needs to be provided Ask me.

Thanks in advance

FlyiNgBaNNana

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
Ram usually runs in Dual Channel (Dual Symmetric). If you only dropped in one against another one it will Downclock that ram. Also check the #Part Numbers. It may be different cause of the 3 Year gap they have.

neieus

Distinguished
Well when you mix ram that can sometimes have unforeseen effects on the system which is why they normally sell them in kits. At least that's what they say anyway as I've personally never experienced this but I can't discredit it. Also are you aware right now that the game ready drivers for The Division from Nvidia are causing a number of issues including BSOD?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-driver-364-47-pulled,31370.html

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
@neieus & @Flyingbannana Al 4 Cards part numbers are CML8GX3M2A1600C9 all 4 are 4GB sticks and the mobo and CPU should handle up to 32GB so that wouldnt be the issue either. ANd for the Nvidia part i ran this rig yesterday with 8GB on high on games EG devision with 60FPS now with the extra RAM it crashes. Right now im reinstalling some drivers and Games and i also cleaned the slots on the MOBO. I will post back if this solved the issue.

Chantz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I don't know if this will help, but what OS is your machine? Some editions of Windows 7 Home Premium run on 32bit, so that means you can only have 4-8g of ram installed. If you add more you will technically be overclocking your machine and too much may cause frame drops. But I don't know if this applies to you, most likely not. If you want to know what version and bit size your OS is, press windows button + r (run) then type dxdiag.

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit 6.1, build 7601

lodders

Admirable

If the solutions above this don't work I would
1. Take the new modules out again and see if your PC is back to normal. This will exclude drivers or anything else causing the problem
2. Try running with JUST the new modules, if you have problems, return the new memory - it is defective.
If both sets of memory works great on their own, put all the memory back in and
1. Use CPU-Z to confirm the speed that the memory is running at the correct speed.
2. In BIOS, drop the speed to to the next level down, and see if your problems go away.

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I fixed it.

I took out the RAM Cleaned the slots and insert them back the way i had them befor.
I also reinstalled devision and had to verify the files of some games in order to solve preformance issues.
I also turned SLI Off and On and did some cleaning on my PC.
Lastly i rebooted 10 times and eventually the preformace is how i want it.

Thanks everyone for responding and helping me out here i hope this post can help people in the future.

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Scratch the Previous fix.... So apperently Running steam and anny ubisoft game causes BSOD's I dont know if i should open a new topic or get this moved...

To be more precise it messed up my entire OS... Had to repair Windows 7 because BSOD loop followed by Boot loop.... Note that the BSOD's are still ram issues.

Somehow i think this has to do not with the ram being faulty but the windows install being so used to 8 GB that the moment it gained the additional 8 GB for somereason programs start to conflict. Im concidering just reinstalling but due to lack of time ill have to inform you guys at a later point this month. How ever if you have anny theories feel free to share them with if possible the sollution. BTW windows now starts extreemly slow... So there is most likely an issue with the software instead of the hardware.

Raoul Jap-Tjong

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Sorry I forgot about mentioning it. I removed and reinstalled older and newer drivers as far as Nvidia installer would let me. The issue still precieved. I genuently think this was just a major bug in windows itself due to its age.