[SOLVED] ram input lag

Nov 20, 2020
i have tried everything but my pc still feels like im running on a console. i did a ram standby cleaner and ever since then i have gotten lower frames and worse input lag please help!!!
i3 7100
evga gtx 970 ftw acx 2.0
8gb ram
500 evga br psu

Solution
Well, the solution might be easier than thought, my system itself consumes 3gb only for windows to run, so depends on what youre doing, the solution might be another ram stick. :) but i would try the cmos battery with the new installation.

Cmos is located on my board under Pcie lane for GPU. on yours might be somewhere different, but its a small battery which is visible on board at most of the times, so just lift it carefully and put it back in, some boards have pins which when shorted do the same thing as removing the battery.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Maybe what i would try is getting out the cmos battery with psu disconnected and also getting the ram out.

Also try a new installation of windows on usb, or other disk to see if problem persists, and if that doesnt rule out the ram problem, maybe the error is within the ram itself.
A video would help greatly. If i am getting it right, basically what youre saying is that your ram fills up, therefore it lags?

Nov 20, 2020
Maybe what i would try is getting out the cmos battery with psu disconnected and also getting the ram out.

Also try a new installation of windows on usb, or other disk to see if problem persists, and if that doesnt rule out the ram problem, maybe the error is within the ram itself.
A video would help greatly. If i am getting it right, basically what youre saying is that your ram fills up, therefore it lags?
thats basically what its doing but i have no clue what the cmos battery is and i might try the windows installation again

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Well, the solution might be easier than thought, my system itself consumes 3gb only for windows to run, so depends on what youre doing, the solution might be another ram stick. :) but i would try the cmos battery with the new installation.

Cmos is located on my board under Pcie lane for GPU. on yours might be somewhere different, but its a small battery which is visible on board at most of the times, so just lift it carefully and put it back in, some boards have pins which when shorted do the same thing as removing the battery.

Solution
Nov 20, 2020

i just removed the battery for like ten minutes, how do i test if my input lag is better?

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Simply by plaing some games, if it persists, i would try new install and if that doesnt work new ram stick.

Maybe you have some software which runs in background and causes your pc to stutter.

D

Deleted member 14196

Tell me more about the ram standby cleaner? What is that and that might be the cause of all your problems