Question RAM installation causing windows startup repair

Hot Beef

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
I need some troubleshooting help here guys, I previously had this kit:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 (The R in C15R just means red as its painted red instead of black)

and have just bought and installed the below 3 years on in the spare two slots.

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000

For some reason I was running the RAM at 2133MHz before but regardless when I added the new sticks windows wouldn't boot and tried to run a startup repair which ended in a BSOD. I've had a google and plenty of other people have had the same problem but I can't see anyone who fixed it - one suggested increasing the voltage one notch but that didn't work for me.

Most importantly however even after removing the two new sticks I now continue to be unable to boot into Windows! so I paid £60 to brick the PC until I fix it...

My BIOS can see the new RAM and shows 32GB once its in.

I need some troubleshooting help here guys, I previously had this kit:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 (The R in C15R just means red as its painted red instead of black)

and have just bought and installed the below 3 years on in the spare two slots.

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000

For some reason I was running the RAM at 2133MHz before but regardless when I added the new sticks windows wouldn't boot and tried to run a startup repair which ended in a BSOD. I've had a google and plenty of other people have had the same problem but I can't see anyone who fixed it - one suggested increasing the voltage one notch but that didn't work for me.

Most importantly however even after removing the two new sticks I now continue to be unable to boot into Windows! so I paid £60 to brick the PC until I fix it...

My BIOS can see the new RAM and shows 32GB once its in.
Try resetting your bios by removing CMOS battery