Question RAM installation troubleshoot

Sep 19, 2022
Hello!

I am new to upgrading/playing around with components related to PC, so bear with me. I am trying to install RAM I received awhile back (CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB DDR4) and I can install one stick and have my PC run fine, but once I add the second one I can't get passed the BIOS screen. I'm assuming I need to change some settings, but I can't quite figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated! The RAM lights up and everything in the second slot so I know it's at least functioning.

OTHER SPECS:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor 310. GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: PRIME A320M-A

Hello!

I am new to upgrading/playing around with components related to PC, so bear with me. I am trying to install RAM I received awhile back (CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB DDR4) and I can install one stick and have my PC run fine, but once I add the second one I can't get passed the BIOS screen. I'm assuming I need to change some settings, but I can't quite figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated! The RAM lights up and everything in the second slot so I know it's at least functioning.

OTHER SPECS:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor 310. GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: PRIME A320M-A
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Clean both sticks gold contacts
  • Try to boot with 1 stick
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in Nvidia option in the ddu settings).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 4 on yours since it's 4 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (do it again if you're currently using the latest bios) ver 6042 the one with agesa 1.2.0.7, go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.08.xx as the time i write this), then reboot. Check in power plan if Amd Ryzen balanced power plan is used instead of regular windows.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

Reactions: cowboyclover
Sep 19, 2022
I think everything is in working order... When I put in one stick it works great in the first slot, but I haven't tried putting a RAM stick in the third slot by itself yet and seeing if it works. Should I do so to check if the slot is working? Either way, both light up when I insert them into their designated slots. The last time I put both in I just couldn't get out of the BIOS loop!

I think everything is in working order... When I put in one stick it works great in the first slot, but I haven't tried putting a RAM stick in the third slot by itself yet and seeing if it works. Should I do so to check if the slot is working? Either way, both light up when I insert them into their designated slots. The last time I put both in I just couldn't get out of the BIOS loop!
Well then, try to do my suggestion, and after that, put ram on slot 2 and 4.