NisterOwO

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
I have a problem with ram sticks. They both were working fine with ga-78-lmt-s2p and Phenom ll X4 945 but after upgrading cpu to fx-8300 it freeze on bios entry screen and won't load up windows. I tested both sticks separately and seems like it won't boot because of another one.

I tried to use them on foxconn h61 mvx 2.0 with i3-2100 and the situation was stranger than earlier. 1st stick worked fine but the second won't. On 1st ram slot pc started for one second and then shutted down and was reapeating it. Sometimes it achieved to work for more seconds. On another ram slot buzzer was receiving long beeps. I couldn't find ant doc for beeps.

Any ideas what I could also check? Both motherboards have the latest Bios.

The ram sticks are:
2 x 4 GB DDR3 ADATA U-DIMM 1333(9) PC3-10700

I was wondering if ganged mode had someting to it and why it was working normally with older cpu.

Lutfij

Titan
Often times when a stick of ram isn't working as it should, it's either due to the ram being the root of the problem or the motherboard BIOS, sometimes both. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for the rams, might want to try it out on a 3rd platform, one with the latest BIOS version on it and see if the same issue persists. While you're on the existing platform, might want to see if running memtest brings up errors.

Mind you, you should always make sure you've got the latest BIOS version on your motherboard prior to dropping in any component onto it.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
might want to also include the age of the PSU's and the other parts used to troubleshoot your ram.

NisterOwO

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
I don't think it can boot to the files from storage driver. It stoppes at bios or even earlier. I might try it on 3rd platform. Also I had some time and checked if Corsair rams 2 x 4 GB 1333 Mhz CL9 were working fine on both platforms and they did.

1st platform:
Cpu: upgraded from AMD Phenom ll X4 945 to FX-8300
Motherboard: GA-78-LMT-S2P
Ram: 2 x 4GB ADATA U-DIMM 1333 Mhz (9) PC3-10700
SSD: San disk ultra ll 480 gb
GPU: builded-in motherboard ATI 3000
PSU: Silentium Vero M2 600 W bought in 2018

2nd:
Cpu: FX-8320
Motherboard: ASROCK 970M Pro3
Ram: 4 x 4GB Corsair 1333 Mhz CL9
SSD: Crucial 240 GB
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 650 2Gb
PSU: Silentium Elementum E2 450 W

3rd:
Cpu: i3-2100
Motherboard: Foxconn H61mvx 2.0v
Ram: Kingstone 2x2 GB 1333 Mhz CL9
HDD: some Hitachi 1TB 10 yo
GPU: GT 720
PSU: Silentium Elementum E2 450 W

I was able to upgrade Foxconn BIOS to the latest and it didn't changed anything. Rest of motherboards have already the latest. I putted back older cpu (Phenom) and it was working as supposed to.