[SOLVED] Ram is running at 669 frequency, please help

boosters

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
I have a 10 yrs old setup that contains 2 corsair ram 4x4 - 1333MHz and having a mobo Gigabyte 78lmt usb3 v6.0.

But CPU-Z is showing it is running with 669 frequency. I installed the ram on the 2 and 4th slots because the 1st slot does not have space due to the cooling fan.

ckSntYN.jpg

BIOS is showing 1333mhz but windows 10 is running with low frequency. Kindly help

kanewolf

Titan
I have a 10 yrs old setup that contains 2 corsair ram 4x4 - 1333MHz and having a mobo Gigabyte 78lmt usb3 v6.0.

But CPU-Z is showing it is running with 669 frequency. I installed the ram on the 2 and 4th slots because the 1st slot does not have space due to the cooling fan.

ckSntYN.jpg

BIOS is showing 1333mhz but windows 10 is running with low frequency. Kindly help
It is running at 1333. CPU-Z is showing the clock speed. "DDR" is double data rate. That means it transfers at double the clock speed. So it is operating as intended.

Reactions: SamirD

boosters

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
It is running at 1333. CPU-Z is showing the clock speed. "DDR" is double data rate. That means it transfers at double the clock speed. So it is operating as intended.

Thanks, so I don't need to worry about anything?

I am thinking to upgrade the ram to 12GB, currently, it is 4x4, so if I change to 4x8, does this work without reducing performance?

What if I use 1600mhz ram?

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks, so I don't need to worry about anything?

I am thinking to upgrade the ram to 12GB, currently, it is 4x4, so if I change to 4x8, does this work without reducing performance?

What if I use 1600mhz ram?
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble.
4x4 would already be 16GB if that is your current configuration.
I would not spend money on a system this old if you already have 16GB.

boosters

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble.
4x4 would already be 16GB if that is your current configuration.
I would not spend money on a system this old if you already have 16GB.

I have a total of 8GB RAM which is 4x4 only and installed in the 2nd and 4th slots, why CPU-Z is showing single-channel instead of dual?

CtxuokI.jpg

kanewolf

Titan
I have a total of 8GB RAM which is 4x4 only and installed in the 2nd and 4th slots, why CPU-Z is showing single-channel instead of dual?
Your use of the "x" sign is one thing confused us. The "x" is usually used as "multiply". So your statement of "4x4" would typically mean four slots with 4GB/slot == 16GB.
You should say 4+4 meaning two 4GB sticks.

Reactions: SamirD