Question Ram is Under Performing with Latency

Dennis_98

Reputable
May 13, 2017
www.userbenchmark.com
So i have the Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 clocked at 3200MHz used in two difference builds. I had a build with a I7 7700K with the motherboard GA-Z270X with the same RAM. Now I upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3800X with the Asus TUF X570 Plus motherboard and I've ran benchmarks on both builds, but my RAM performed better with my previous build. I've enabled DOCP, which i read is similar to XMP, but I'm just not sure why I am getting different results.

Here are my benchmarks for the I7 build: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20600350
and here's the benchmark for the 3800X build: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20960629

So i checked it with Aida time and everything is where is should be at 16, 18, 18, 18, 36. But is the difference in the userbenchmark should be something to worry or no? And if not is there a reason why it is different benchmark results?
Userbenchmark compares with unknown number of other people's entries with unknown RAM and it's values. How could you compare a known value with an unknown one ?

Userbenchmark actually compares your results against 123,108 people with that exact model and speed RAM, and says that it is "performing as expected." Yes, that is in random systems with random timings but shows you where the ballpark is--you are in it.

While the average latency numbers may look more like something from a fast Pentium 4, this is completely normal on Ryzen. Most people with that memory kit are apparently not using it on Intel, which was why that same RAM on your old system was "performing above expectations."

CL16 is pretty slow for 3200, but AMD's own expectation for CL14 isn't much quicker:
d24hymdbbm331.png

It still beats anything using the half multiplier, including even CL18 4400. Intel's DDR4 memory controller is just much lower latency, on par with the first integrated memory controllers in Socket 939 A64 on PC3200 (that's CL2 DDR1 @ 400) from 15 years ago but not as quick as the first Nehalem Core i7s on DDR3.