Question RAM issue after installing CPU AIO

Jan 23, 2023
Hello, I installed an AIO cooler for my Ryzen 5600x. The system refused to boot showing a RAM light(amber). My RAM has been in slot 2 and 4 positions without issue for about a year. So, after trying different combinations the RAM is now in slot 3 and 4 and working perfectly, and is the only combination it accepts now. I'm sure i didn't drop anything in slot 2 because the RAM stick still fits there but just won't boot. Does anyone know why the RAM now only works in slots 3 and 4?

Hello, I installed an AIO cooler for my Ryzen 5600x. The system refused to boot showing a RAM light(amber). My RAM has been in slot 2 and 4 positions without issue for about a year. So, after trying different combinations the RAM is now in slot 3 and 4 and working perfectly, and is the only combination it accepts now. I'm sure i didn't drop anything in slot 2 because the RAM stick still fits there but just won't boot. Does anyone know why the RAM now only works in slots 3 and 4?
there might be a possibility that the cooler mounting you did screw it up too tight, you could try to just let the cpu itself unmounted with cooling and see if all ram slots could boot to bios without any cooler attached, if so, then you need to loosen the cooler mounting if you did it too tight previously.