Question Ram issue (I guess?)

Jun 23, 2019
I have 1x 4gb 2133mhz ram it latency is 15 15 15 36

If I buy 1x 8gb 2133mhz ram with latency 15-15-15-35-2N it will work fine or maybe search for a ram with the same latency as mine?
pls help :)

Mixing ram is mostly luck.
The ram with different timing should work if you set both ram kits to the looser (higher number) timings that your current stick has.

I would try to go for either 16 or 8gb i total instead of 12gb so you can run in dual channel.

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
Generally speaking, for best compatibility, you'd wanna get a stick that has the exact same timings and voltage as the current! If you buy one that has different timings, voltage (or both) then it's likely not gonna work perfectly right out of the box (and would require fiddling with the timings/voltage in the BIOS, and repeatedly testing with memtest to verify stability, til you find the optimal settings that would allow all sticks to work well together)

Jun 23, 2019
Ok much thanks for answer. I will take off my ram of 4gb and use only 8gb and when I have more money I will buy another 1 of 8gb
I have asus prime 320m-k mother board can someone say me what is the max rank supported? I already searched and didn't find nothing

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would check your mobo QVL and select a RAM with the highest timing and lowest latency you can afford there. If you are looking simply for more RAM then it will more than likely work with what you currently have. It will run at the lowest speed higher latency chip. Then, when you can afford more, but another of the same you "upgrade" to.

Chances are pretty good that unless you are doing something intensive that you would never even note the difference without some test result showing it to you. Often it would be a mild difference in frame rate in a game/etc. even assuming that your RAM timing is the weak link there. IMO, jumping from 4GB to 12GB will offset a few frames in overall seat of the pants performance feel just in operational ability out of page file.

TRENDING THREADS