Question Ram issue/installed ram not showing

Nov 24, 2021
Hello and plz help. first when i built my pc i had 2 sticks of 4gb ram, then later upgraded and got 2 more sticks of 4gb ram. so in total i now have 16gb ram and SHOULD HAVE 3200mhz. but no, i only have 2133mhz. i only realized this now. then i went into bois and changed to xmp profile 1 and 2, but none worked. i tried to manually set the speed to 3200, but nothing changed and gave me blue screens. when i select either xmp profile, it says 3200mhz, but task manager and cpuz say otherwise. wwould be very happy if someone helps.

Hey there,

Please list your PC specs. CPU/Mobo/GPU/ram make/model.

So for some systems, when you populate all 4 DIMM slots with ram, they may not work at their rated speed. Sometimes they will default to the lowest setting, because the ram is not working together. This can be because the ram is not the 'exact' same. It could be different timings or voltage preventing them from working. It can also be down to the internal memory controller which some Ryzen systems, as an example, can't reach their max speeds. Sometimes they might work at lower speeds, like 3000mhz (or 2933mhz). Sometimes it's even lower than that.

Nov 24, 2021
Hey there,

Please list your PC specs. CPU/Mobo/GPU/ram make/model.

So for some systems, when you populate all 4 DIMM slots with ram, they may not work at their rated speed. Sometimes they will default to the lowest setting, because the ram is not working together. This can be because the ram is not the 'exact' same. It could be different timings or voltage preventing them from working. It can also be down to the internal memory controller which some Ryzen systems, as an example, can't reach their max speeds. Sometimes they might work at lower speeds, like 3000mhz (or 2933mhz). Sometimes it's even lower than that.
pc specs: ryzen 3 3200g, nvidia geforce gtx 1650 super, patriot viper 4 blackout series ram ( first i got 8gb, then added another 8 of the same ram i order on amazon ), and 1 tb western digital hard drive i think. mobo: msi b450m vdh pro max. yes, i tried setting it at a lower speed of 2933mhz, but that gave me bluescreens and didnt show up in task manager.