Question Ram Issue on B450 Aorus Pro

Sep 16, 2019
Hey guys can anyone of you shed me some light regarding ram timings on an unsupported ram for my motherboard (BIOS Ver. F40)? I was able to enable XMP on profile 1 but its still running at 2133Mhz. What I have is a Patriot Viper RGB 3200Mhz 16GB Black Kit. Is there any other way to run it at its rated speed? (*PS I also tried setting its timings and voltage manually but nothing worked at this stage.) Thank you!

BIOS version F40 is for series 3000 processors from AMD. Other CPUs may run better on earlier versions.

Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPU
Some CPUs max out at speeds lower than 3200MHz. Raising DRAM voltage a little may help or it may just make the memory run hotter. You can also try relaxing timings (higher number).

Reactions: eagerweezer
Sep 16, 2019
BIOS version F40 is for series 3000 processors from AMD. Other CPUs may run better on earlier versions.

Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPU
Some CPUs max out at speeds lower than 3200MHz. Raising DRAM voltage a little may help or it may just make the memory run hotter. You can also try relaxing timings (higher number).
Thanks for the response mate, however I purchased the motherboard with an F40 ver BIOS out of the box, will I run into issues if I decide to downgrade its bios version to F32? (I'm currently using 2600X processor if this helps)