Question RAM issue on MSI Mag Z590 Tomahawk WiFi ?

Feb 17, 2023
I upgraded a system I have because the motherboard wasn't doing well. I changed the psu to a corsair rm1000x. The ram to corsair vengeance pro 2x32gb 3600mhz. The m.2 ssd, i9 11900k and the gigabyte 3080rtx stayed the same. I was able to flash the new bios and restarted. After checking bios, I see the ram is running at 2400mhz, so I go into the settings and xmp was on and it recognized the ram correctly, but not running at full speed. I tried the Memory Try It! And picked the matching ram. I restarted and now it won't get past the dram led. I tried to use older 2x16gb 3600mhz, but still nothing and clearing cmos or reflashing the bios don't work. It's driving me crazy. And help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023
Well, I changed the mobo first to a msi mag x590 tomahawk, and that didn't work. I got it work with a gigabyte x590 aorus master, but the case fans and rgb won't turn off when I shut down thru windows. And the ram is running at 2133mhz. I have the corsair fans and commander hub connect with the icue elite capellix h100i

I upgraded a system I have because the motherboard wasn't doing well. I changed the psu to a corsair rm1000x. The ram to corsair vengeance pro 2x32gb 3600mhz. The m.2 ssd, i9 11900k and the gigabyte 3080rtx stayed the same. I was able to flash the new bios and restarted. After checking bios, I see the ram is running at 2400mhz, so I go into the settings and xmp was on and it recognized the ram correctly, but not running at full speed. I tried the Memory Try It! And picked the matching ram. I restarted and now it won't get past the dram led. I tried to use older 2x16gb 3600mhz, but still nothing and clearing cmos or reflashing the bios don't work. It's driving me crazy. And help will be greatly appreciated.
Install matching RAM in slots a2-b2. Clear CMOS.