[SOLVED] Ram issue on older PC

Jan 19, 2019
So I am messing with a Del OptiPlex 790 SFF and out of the 8g of DDR3 only three of the four cards work I got the 1 and 3 amber code on the face and it wouldn't output video until I took two cards out and swapped em till it worked. I know that three of them work, and all of the RAM is the same, would it be worth it to take the second slot out of duel channel and use the third card to get 6g instead of 4? or am I just better off sticking with 4 until I can eventually get more RAM?

Solution
You wrote, "all of the RAM is the same".

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to be compatible if used in any combination other than as a Single module. This also applies to same thing, exact match, identical. Putting together multiple kits are another example of memory that has no guarantee to be compatible together.
You wrote, "all of the RAM is the same".

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to be compatible if used in any combination other than as a Single module. This also applies to same thing, exact match, identical. Putting together multiple kits are another example of memory that has no guarantee to be compatible together.

Solution