Jan 8, 2020
Hi im trying to fix a friends pc and when the pc would work it would blue screen alot and always a different issue, i tried wiping the hdd and didnt help, and when testing threw the alienware software built into the mobo it shows a ram error

So i bought new ram error still showed thats if the pc actually booted with some ram it just beeped twice and the one stick that would get it to boot showed the error memory limite exceeded.

So far tried a brand new motherboard and brand new ram but still same happens any one with any ideas as im lost now.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if Windows 10, include the version. You should also check and see which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard and include the age of your PSU.

Also state the new parts used for troubleshooting. You stated Alienwware, is this a prebuilt or a board sourced from an Alienware?

Jan 8, 2020
Hi

The pc is a prebuilt AlienWare X51 R2
i belive the pc is about 4-5 years old
Currently there is no operating system as the hardrive has been wiped clean.
i am unable to check bios version as the pc wont boot with or without ram

motherboard - Andromeda Intel Motherboard PGRP5 0PGRP5 MS-7796
GPU - not installed (using motherboard graphics while testing) normally - AMD Radeon™ R9 270/270X
hard drive - 3.5" SATA I/II/III Hard Drive
psu is a external one - Alienware™ 240 Watt Power Supply

New parts used is a oem mother board
new ram used is also oem or exactly the same ram (SKhynix 2Rx8 pc3 8gb 240pin SDRAM)
Also a new ram stick (PC3-12800U DDR3 1600MHz ) unbranded