RAM issue, pc is not posting

ERANBARAK

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
Kind of rare case I would say. I have on my pc 2 sticks of crucial and 2 sticks of g.skill. all of them are 1600mhz ddr3 cl11 ect. they have been working together for months! today morning my pc won't post. I reinstalled them in different orders with no success... any combination within the first 2 slots works fine. the moment I try to add the 3rd/4th stick in, I get this continuous beeping postcode which is ram related. I have no idea what went wrong. desperate for your help guys!

Solution
You didn't change anything? It worked fine one day then not the next? If so I would try slot's 1 and 3 and slots 2 and 4 with two sticks, if one configuration works and the other doesn't a channel may have gone bad. That is a hardware failure on the motherboard or in the CPU's memory controller.

I want to say the RAM is just incompatible, having different sticks even of similar spec mixed can cause issues or not work at all. But if it worked fine for months before this that doesn't really make sense.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
You didn't change anything? It worked fine one day then not the next? If so I would try slot's 1 and 3 and slots 2 and 4 with two sticks, if one configuration works and the other doesn't a channel may have gone bad. That is a hardware failure on the motherboard or in the CPU's memory controller.

I want to say the RAM is just incompatible, having different sticks even of similar spec mixed can cause issues or not work at all. But if it worked fine for months before this that doesn't really make sense.

Solution