Ram Issue ? Random BSOD

Elie_Stevens

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Hello, so i've upgraded my CPU since, i have randoms BSOD happening since yesterday, so i've decided to reinstall Win 7, that means i formated my Win7 Disc, only Wind 7 one doe.
So, Still happening, still have blue screens, but shitty ones "SYSTEM SERVICE EXPEPTION"
Whatever im not able to do Win 7 to fin update with Windows updates, been running for 1h and half and still nothing. I've installed all necessary drivers to got it running, Seems to work like SLOW, takes ages to open some windows.
Also, i have 4x4 Ram, but they are 2 different kits running both with XMP 2 @ 2133 x 1.6v
One kit is 2x4 CAS 11 G.Skill red shit, and the other one is 2x4 CAS 9 G.Skill red shit, both at 2133Mhz stock.
So i've been looking arround and also asking my reseller and he tolds me they should run fine toguether since same brand, same speed, only different cas. Whatever i've got BSOD meaning shitty things about RAM. So, i stopped the OC of my CPU, then re-run memtest this time successfully because first time i've got like 100000 errors on test 6.

Setup->
AMD FX 8350
RAM 4x4 = 16GB!
2x ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 2GB
PSU = Nox Urano TX 850 (850Watts with 70A on 12v Rail)

If you need to know something more i can probably tell you just i don't remember now ^^

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: New BSOD: WORKER THREAD RETURNED A BAD IRQL
EDIT2: Reinstalled WIndows, Lowered Memory Frequency to 1600Mhz. Slotted Ram Like this 1/2 3/4 where 1/2 is CAS 9; where 3/4 is CAS 11
Turned off XPM
System seems to be stable, looks like im able to run some games with lower crashes. GPU's Only using 30-40% of both at same time. Temperatures are ok. Still awaiting for an answer.

Elie_Stevens

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015

Mate, i were running FX-4300 at 2200Mhz, yes, overclocking it set Dram Frequency was 2200Mhz, So i can't understand why it will not work, also if you read a bit about FX cores, they do suppor higher frequency's with overclocking.

sconnary32

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

Yeah, but in Edit2 you lowered your frequency to an acceptable level for the RAM/processor and it is running steady. OC can cause stability issues and sometimes it is just the model of RAM you got that is the problem. Not to mention your RAM is two different CAS levels which can cause even more stability issues. Try to run with just one of the RAM sets OC and see if you get stability issues. If not then put the other two in and see if the BSOD returns.
Or go into BIOS and configure the CAS9 to match the CAS11 config.

-Scott