Question RAM issues on Windows 11 ?

Jul 31, 2022
Recently I've noticed my pc running sluggish as a result of Win 11 only using 8gb out of 16gb installed.
The Bios shows all 4 slots are populated and is being picked up. Task Manager also shows it but only 7.9/16.4 gb is avaliable.
I've done a bit of research and tried a few diffrent tricks to no avail, and now I believe I need to update the bios but Asrock has a warning against it for certain Cpu architectures. Although I'm already running one of the earlier versions that has this warning and it's worked fine up until now. I believe it's due to windows 11 compatability but I haven't noticed it until recently. And I'm concerned updating the Bios may lose the support for my cpu.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
Ram: 4 x 4gb TeamForce VulcanZ 2400mhz
MoBo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Current Bios: 2.9
Needed Bios: 4.2

Recently I've noticed my pc running sluggish as a result of Win 11 only using 8gb out of 16gb installed.
The Bios shows all 4 slots are populated and is being picked up. Task Manager also shows it but only 7.9/16.4 gb is avaliable.
I've done a bit of research and tried a few diffrent tricks to no avail, and now I believe I need to update the bios but Asrock has a warning against it for certain Cpu architectures. Although I'm already running one of the earlier versions that has this warning and it's worked fine up until now. I believe it's due to windows 11 compatability but I haven't noticed it until recently. And I'm concerned updating the Bios may lose the support for my cpu.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
Ram: 4 x 4gb TeamForce VulcanZ 2400mhz
MoBo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Current Bios: 2.9
Needed Bios: 4.2
Task Manager is often wrong, have you tried with some other programs like CPU-Z ?

TRENDING THREADS