DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
So I just recently finished my new rig,

I used a gigabyte aorus ultra x570 motherboard,

and 2x16 gb sticks of g.skill trident z neo f4-3600c18d-32gtzn
with a ryzen 3900xt cpu,
corsair h150irgb xt cooler,
msi rtx 2080 gpu, so everything ran fine no real issues.

I decided to upgrade from the aorus ultra to the aorus master. Now this is where I have problems. The new board shipped with bios f11, I noticed in the few boots I did it'd give me a pmu memory training error while posting...

I didn't think much of it. Then I upgraded to the most recent bios, which is f30a.
I noticed that after upgrading i physically couldn't get anything on the board. No video, no post, no bios, no nothing the motherboard code screen constantly said c5 while both sticks of ram are in. I removed a stick, and it boots right up.

I downgraded to every bios version and attempted boot with both ram sticks, down to f11 again, now I can boot with both sticks but it doesn't recognize one in windows it still says I'm running 16 gigs with both sticks in. I removed a stick after shutting down and kept a stick in the secondary slot which is b2 it still booted without an issue
(i know that its unstable to run single channel mode in other slots except the designated one and I got a blue screen after like ten minutes like that, )
but I was just testing the slot itself. So I'm sure the slot should be fine. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
In firstly getting my system able to boot and use all 32 gigs, preferably on an upgraded bios version with support for my cpu and all and secondly to help me with oc'ing the ram once its operational because I noticed the xmp profile is pretty garbage. That's not totally necessary though ill run xmp if I must. Just wanna get it up and running.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The a found on the end of the BIOS version designates that the BIOS version is an Alpha. b would denote beta, so if I were you, I'd update to the latest BIOS version(gradually working my way up to the latest) that isn't designated a suffix. The only instance I'd move to a suffixed BIOS version is if the BIOS I'm currently on was showing some minor bugs/glitches.

That being said, which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board? ON another note, did you reinstall the OS after you migrated to the new motherboard?

You might want to introduce some spacing and blank lines to that wall of text to aid in thread comprehension.

For the sake of relevance, list your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
The a found on the end of the BIOS version designates that the BIOS version is an Alpha. b would denote beta, so if I were you, I'd update to the latest BIOS version(gradually working my way up to the latest) that isn't designated a suffix. The only instance I'd move to a suffixed BIOS version is if the BIOS I'm currently on was showing some minor bugs/glitches.

That being said, which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board? ON another note, did you reinstall the OS after you migrated to the new motherboard?

You might want to introduce some spacing and blank lines to that wall of text to aid in thread comprehension.

For the sake of relevance, list your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
RAM:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte aorus master x570
Ram: g.skill trident z neo f4-3600c18d-32gtzn seated in A2 B2
SSD/HDD: wd black sn750 1tb nvme, Samsung 860 evo 1tbSSD, Toshiba 5tb HDD
GPU: Msi RTX 2080 gaming x trio
PSU: Eva supernova 1200 80+ platinum
Also all drives were formatted and a fresh installation of windows upon motherboard change.

Last edited: