[SOLVED] Ram kit for Ryzen 9 3900x (32GB)

Oct 4, 2019
I came down to the flowing sticks as they are in QVL of the motherboard that I chose so far Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
(didn't order it yet) and also to fit the budget that dedicated for memory:
  1. HyperX HX434C19FRK2/32 (note: didn't find in there website that it's AMD ready but it's QVL anyway)
  2. BLS16G4D32AESB.M16FE (X2) (note: I can't confirm what I will order is with the ext. is .M16FE or .16FE or something else !!? I don't know if there is any different but what is written in QVL is .M16FE , also mentioned in crucial website that it's Ryzen Ready!
  3. HyperX HX434C19FWK2/32 (I think it's the white version of the first one)
I am not planing to make crazy overclocking, I use my computer mainly for 3d modeling and 3d rendering maybe occasionally gaming.
so what do you think?

Solution
Ultimately the QVL is not a be all end all, it's more a guide.
Memory not being on the QVL does not necessarily mean that it isn't supported, just that it hasn't been tested.

The better option is to check the memory modules own supported motherboards list, as there is more vested interest for memory manufacturers to test their modules on as many boards as they can.

Ultimately of the 3, the Crucial Ballistix SPort would likely be preferable as it is 3200 at CL16. The others are 3466 at CL19. The gains above 3200 are diminishing and the higher CAS latency would likely be worse than the 3200 at CL16.

However remember buying these twice does not guarantee compatibility so you should buy a full 32GB pack. RAM modules from 2 different...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Memory not being on the QVL does not necessarily mean that it isn't supported, just that it hasn't been tested.

The better option is to check the memory modules own supported motherboards list, as there is more vested interest for memory manufacturers to test their modules on as many boards as they can.

Ultimately of the 3, the Crucial Ballistix SPort would likely be preferable as it is 3200 at CL16. The others are 3466 at CL19. The gains above 3200 are diminishing and the higher CAS latency would likely be worse than the 3200 at CL16.

However remember buying these twice does not guarantee compatibility so you should buy a full 32GB pack. RAM modules from 2 different packs are not guaranteed compatibility - not saying it never works, it's just a gamble.

Solution
Oct 4, 2019

However remember buying these twice does not guarantee compatibility so you should buy a full 32GB pack. RAM modules from 2 different packs are not guaranteed compatibility - not saying it never works, it's just a gamble.
after reading your post I go and order the crucial ballistix sport but 2 module not a kit , how ever I cam back and realize that I didn't read your post till the end about the warning of buying 2 the stick twice, and this is what I did :) , now I cancelled the order and search for kit of 2 sticks 32GB of the same memory, well I didn't find exactly the same but I find the white version of it https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/bls2k16g4d32aesc
what do you think this one will work too?? Thank you

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
They are fine too.

If you want to save yourself a bit of money you can also get these which will be the same:

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $139.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 06:29 EDT-0400
This is not entirely true because that corsair kit uses hynix chips I think and the ballistix is the micron rev E. die. I am running a Ballistix Sport LT 3000 Cl15 2x16 gb kit with a R7 3700x on b450 at the moment. It overclocks very nice. Currently 3800 16-19-16-34 on this dirt cheap ram.

Reactions: MoSaber

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is not entirely true because that corsair kit uses hynix chips I think and the ballistix is the micron rev E. die. I am running a Ballistix Sport LT 3000 Cl15 2x16 gb kit with a R7 3700x on b450 at the moment. It overclocks very nice. Currently 3800 16-19-16-34 on this dirt cheap ram.
Apologies, wasn't referring to the chips but the stock performance of the modules.

Agreed my friend :)