[SOLVED] Ram lottery lost?

Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys. I will keep this short.

Gigabyte B450M-DS3H (latest bios)
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock settings, not OC'd)
HX432C16PB3K2/16 -->2 kit --> total 32GB

So the ram is in support list to the mb, also it states that in 4 slots they are working togethere. Well, if I'm not using any XMP profile, they work just fine (memtest 8 hours, no error) , but when I put xmp 1 or xm2 profile, the system boots up but it crashes randomly every 15-20 minutes. Memtest errors are showing up after 40-50 minutes.
I have a good ventilated case, they are not overheating.
In cpu-z it says that they all have Hynix chips.

So did I just lose the ram lottery and can't use them on xmp or is there any solution to this?
Thanks in advance, cheers :)

Solution
Ryzen is very sensitive to ram.
The support for your motherboard depends on the processor installed.
There is a different support list, depending on the processor installed.
You have a pinnacle ridge processor(2000 series) and here is the QVL list:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450m-ds3h_pinnacle.pdf
I do not see your ram on it.
You might contact Kingston tech support to see if there is a way to use 3200 speed out of your kit.
If they say you should be able to run at 3200, and the kit is defective, they should replace the kit.
But, with your processor, I think that is what is limiting you.
Hey guys. I will keep this short.

Gigabyte B450M-DS3H (latest bios)
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock settings, not OC'd)
HX432C16PB3K2/16 -->2 kit --> total 32GB

So the ram is in support list to the mb, also it states that in 4 slots they are working togethere. Well, if I'm not using any XMP profile, they work just fine (memtest 8 hours, no error) , but when I put xmp 1 or xm2 profile, the system boots up but it crashes randomly every 15-20 minutes. Memtest errors are showing up after 40-50 minutes.
I have a good ventilated case, they are not overheating.
In cpu-z it says that they all have Hynix chips.

So did I just lose the ram lottery and can't use them on xmp or is there any solution to this?
Thanks in advance, cheers :)
XMP is not tested to work with two kits even if they are the same model. Dual rank configuraitons also have to run slower because of memory controller limitations on your CPU and limitations of the motherboard.

For the slower XMP setting of your modules to work, you will probably have to manually disable Gear Down Mode in the memory settings so that CL15-17-17-36 will work. If the second profile does not work after disabling GDM, re-enable GDM and try manually changing your speed to 2933 or 3000, timings to CL16-18-18-36 and voltage to 1.35v.

Ryzen is very sensitive to ram.
The support for your motherboard depends on the processor installed.
There is a different support list, depending on the processor installed.
You have a pinnacle ridge processor(2000 series) and here is the QVL list:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450m-ds3h_pinnacle.pdf
I do not see your ram on it.
You might contact Kingston tech support to see if there is a way to use 3200 speed out of your kit.
If they say you should be able to run at 3200, and the kit is defective, they should replace the kit.
But, with your processor, I think that is what is limiting you.

Solution