[SOLVED] RAM Memory always at 96%+ What could be the issue?

Dec 25, 2021
Hi! I have 16GB RAM, however, when I open task manager it's ALWAYS at 96%+ for some reason and it keeps making my PC super slow, is there any way to know what's wrong? because all the running processes aren't even close to 16GB RAM of usage.

I also tried to close all Chrome tabs but it still stays extremely high at 95%-96%...

What could be the issue & how can I fix it?

s6TOKjm.png

Even after closing Chrome + Anchor wallet the RAM is still at 92%

ZX3zBme.png

Performance tab:
CxjG3aH.png

Last edited:
Solution
what motherboard do you have?

Process explorer, alas, doesn't show drivers. Just processes.

Poolmon is quickest way to identify what driver is eating commitments. Every process asks for a certain amount of memory to run in but is meant to release any it doesn't need. Some drivers just keep asking and not releasing

video shows how to use it and includes link to download for program in description
You want to look at difference between Allocations and Frees, the processes with the biggest Difference is likely cause
Only Non paged as its ram.
Don't look at Microsoft processes, many are used for memory management and as such will have high memory usage.
list of most of the tags -...
Do not be too alarmed. Windows keeps code in ram in anticipation of possible quick reuse.
Look at the hard fault rate in performance/memory.
If it is much more than zero, you are truly short of ram.

More likely, you have an app with a memory leak. Discord is the prime suspect.
Chrome is known as a memory hog. Try firefox.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have?

Process explorer, alas, doesn't show drivers. Just processes.

Poolmon is quickest way to identify what driver is eating commitments. Every process asks for a certain amount of memory to run in but is meant to release any it doesn't need. Some drivers just keep asking and not releasing

video shows how to use it and includes link to download for program in description
You want to look at difference between Allocations and Frees, the processes with the biggest Difference is likely cause
Only Non paged as its ram.
Don't look at Microsoft processes, many are used for memory management and as such will have high memory usage.
list of most of the tags - https://github.com/zodiacon/PoolMonX/blob/master/res/pooltag.txt

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS