[SOLVED] Ram memory speeds set under the advertised speed

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Hello!
So i have a problem with my ram memory speeds. I have 2 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz and they are set to 1066 MHz (?) i have X.M.P enabled in BIOS.
I have set 3000MHz speed in bios also but still nothing. What can be the issue?
Thanks for all the answers, have a nice day!

Solution
Well i found out that my ram stick was broken, pc wouldnt boot after i switched places and after i switched them back to their original place it didnt turn on either. Then i tried booting with single ram's inserted to the moba. First one didnt work, i plugged in second one alone and it booted. Im gonna take my ram for warranty. Thanks for the help and have a nice day :)

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah ill change it, currently i have ram on slots 3 and 4

Think what you're getting confused with is the module ID, 2133 (1066). Just like seeing a processors base speed in system information, it doesn't account for turbo speeds, just standard. Same with ram.

Oh okay, i might get that wrong hah, still what about my ram size (16gb)
I formated my pc and the ram its like 90% stress while being at 9 gb?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What do you mean? Like high memory usage on idle?

Yeah do change slots asap. I missed single channel in your memory tab screenshot, just saw it now. You're not running in dual channel. Change to 2nd and 4th and channel # should say dual then.

UB6JJIp.png

Last edited:

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Well i found out that my ram stick was broken, pc wouldnt boot after i switched places and after i switched them back to their original place it didnt turn on either. Then i tried booting with single ram's inserted to the moba. First one didnt work, i plugged in second one alone and it booted. Im gonna take my ram for warranty. Thanks for the help and have a nice day :)

Solution