[SOLVED] RAM modules work equally?

tpeq

BANNED
May 8, 2021
Hi, I have a question about how the dual channel works, I'll give you an example

the cpu needs the information ''number''1 and ''number'' 10, with dual chanel activated with two equal memories, one ram module will send the information '' number''1 and the other will send information '' number '' 10? or not, module one will send information 1 and 10 and module 2 will do the same thing by sending information 1 and 10?

Solution
Hi, I have a question about how the dual channel works, I'll give you an example

the cpu needs the information ''number''1 and ''number'' 10, with dual chanel activated with two equal memories, one ram module will send the information '' number''1 and the other will send information '' number '' 10? or not, module one will send information 1 and 10 and module 2 will do the same thing by sending information 1 and 10?
Gulps......the cpu wants 16bytes.....128 bits.
In single channel the first gulp is 64 bits.
The second gulp is 64 bits.
Two gulps.

In dual channel the first gulp is 128 bits.
One gulp.

Gulps......the cpu wants 16bytes.....128 bits.
In single channel the first gulp is 64 bits.
The second gulp is 64 bits.
Two gulps.

In dual channel the first gulp is 128 bits.
One gulp.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I used these numbers to identify that they are information type, like information 1 and 10
The above is a good representation. So how many bits do your numbers "1" and "10" require? Are they ASCII? Are they integers? If so how many bits? 32 is common, but you could have a 16bit integer. Are they floating point? 64 or 128 bits are common for floating point.
There is no single answer.
Your "numbers" may have already been fetched into the CPU cache because of another adjacent fetch. They might be in CPU cache and the main RAM is not accessed.