Jul 18, 2019
I just put a system together yesterday

Specs
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus ROG X570 gaming e
32 gb (4x8) G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
Asus RTX 2070

When I got into the bios I tried to enable the DOCP preset for my RAM (3600 MHz at 1.35 volts) and it wouldn’t post after that. RAM continues to run at 2133 MHz.

I tried clearing the CMOS, didn’t help.

Any ideas?

Calvin, that is only the default configuration on that chart. The page you linked to SPECIFICALLY says

The 2700X supports up to 64 GB of dual channel DDR4-2933 memory.

And the only way to HAVE 64GB of memory is with four DIMMs on that platform. Plus that chart was likely generated early after the Ryzen release when there were not yet BIOS updates that increased compatibility to include higher speed memory. I've worked with plenty of members running DDR4 2933-3200mhz memory configurations with all four DIMMs populated.

It wasn't EASY to do, but in the end most of them were able to get it working one way or another even if it was only at 2933mhz speeds. That chart is clearly out of date since there are hundreds and hundreds of people running 2 DIMM 3200mhz or higher configurations on platforms using the 2700x.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
If you wish to try manually configuring the memory then I'd suggest you start by enabling the DOCP profile and then manually dropping the memory frequency to 2933mhz. Save settings, exit BIOS and see if it will post.

If not, you may need to try it with only TWO DIMMs installed first, in the A2 and B2 slots, and increase the DRAM voltage (Memory voltage) by .005-.020v, save settings, shut down, install the other two DIMMs and power back on to see if it will POST. If not, bump the voltage again. If it will not POST by the time you get to 1.4v in .005-.020v increments, then it's probably not going to work on that board at all at any speed of 2933mhz or higher with four DIMMs installed.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

TRENDING THREADS