Question Ram not at full speed?

MKLninja

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
PC SPECS:

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Central Processing Unit (CPU) : AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Random Access Memory (RAM) : Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory – Black

MOTHERBOARD : MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2ND Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M Bazooka V2)

Power Supply Unit (PSU) : Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Non-Modular

Computer Case : Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX High-Airflow Compact Light Tint Tempered Glass Mid Tower Computer Case, FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TGL

Hello so I have a slight problem, I got a new ram yesterday which is Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory – Black
The memory speed says it is 3200 MHz. The issue is my PC does not seem to be letting it run at the full speed, I asked this question before with my old 16gb ram and thought I fixed it but I did not, when I check task manager it says the speed is 1067Mhz which means my ram is only running at 2133 Mhz So I did what I was told and went to investigate in Bios Photo below shows what I saw in bios

Photo showing my PC is not letting ram go full speed -
Task manager Photo
Bios showing speed is not 3200 Mhz - Also shows what version of Bios I am on

So with showing you these two things you can see my PC is not showing that my ram is running at the right speed it should so I look around online and kept seeing that I needed to manually put all of that in and that is just what I did

Photo of me going into OC settings on Bios and putting it in manually - and turning on XMP

After doing this I did a save and exit and my PC was stuck in a crash loop

Photo of PC crashing

I got this error every single time my PC would boot after I did those settings, and to get it to stop I put my old ram back into my PC and it booted into bios for me once I did that I turned pc off and put a new ram back in and it was working again but ram is still at the wrong speed so I am not sure what I am supposed to do, I tried to do it myself before asking for help and I am getting nowhere.

Edit : It's hard to see in photo this is my bios ver and build date
Code:
BIOS Ver: E7A38AMS.P40 
BIOS Build Date: 03/06/2019
Any help would be very appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? < I'm not kidding, the image is so small, even Jerry mouse would complain of pixelation. Perhaps host the image on Imgur(?). have you tried manually inputting the ram frequency, timings and voltage(as shown on the side of the ram stick/kit)?

How old is the PSU in your build?

Reactions: MKLninja

MKLninja

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? < I'm not kidding, the image is so small, even Jerry mouse would complain of pixelation. Perhaps host the image on Imgur(?). have you tried manually inputting the ram frequency, timings and voltage(as shown on the side of the ram stick/kit)?
BIOS Ver: E7A38AMS.P40
BIOS Build Date: 03/06/2019

And I am sorry about that haha, I didn't realize the image would do that on that. But yes I went to OC settings and set it and it did not work
PSU is only about a year old

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY