Ram not detected!!

Solution
I think its going to be one of the slots on the MOBO or one of the ram sticks. Its going to be hard to tell whats wrong without you testing the ram sticks and slots. You need to rule out that the hardware (mobo and ram) is bad before you dig into anything else.

inerax

Distinguished
Wonder if you have a bad slot... I would pull all the ram. Go through each stick 1 by one to make sure that one of them is not bad.

You can also check for BIOS updates to make sure thats not a problem.

inerax

Distinguished

What is the exact error message you are getting? You are getting this when you update the bios?

Ruben Cleenewerck

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

It's that kind of pop up on right down corner that asus motherboards have with warning on on the top and then just low ram voltage and then the voltage next to it.

It dissappears after a few sec, cpu-z does not show anything about the ram aside of 24 GB of ram (wich is too low)

inerax

Distinguished

All your power connectors on your MOBO are secure?

I would check and make sure your ram sticks work one by one in slot D1.

Ruben Cleenewerck

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

oh my current psu hasnt got an additional 4pin for the cpu, only an 8 pin. i will get another psu from my other pc just to be sure

inerax

Distinguished
I think its going to be one of the slots on the MOBO or one of the ram sticks. Its going to be hard to tell whats wrong without you testing the ram sticks and slots. You need to rule out that the hardware (mobo and ram) is bad before you dig into anything else.

Solution

Ruben Cleenewerck

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Will i have any negative effects if i put my ram in the A2, B2, C2, D2?

Ruben Cleenewerck

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

wel i was able to fix it by cleaning the dimm slots (with compressed air)

Thanks for all your help :)

TRENDING THREADS